Chapter 23

-Sharen

Dexter pushed my wheelchair to his vehicle and unlocked the door with his automatic key.

"Let me straighten the car out for you first." He said.

He moved papers and books around and turned around to face me.

"Ready?" He asked.

"What do you mean am I ready? I'm only climbing In the car." I chuckled.

"No you're not." His smile faded quickly. "I'm not about to let you stand on your feet for one second. Anything you want to do, you're being carried."

I laughed.

"You're kidding right Dexter?" I said.

He can't be serious.

"I'm dead serious Sharen. So come on." He walked towards me and tried scooping me up.

"Dexter, I can walk." I said sternly.

He looked at me and laughed.

"Look little lady, I'm not going to argue with you."

Before I can protest he picked me up.

"Dexter, put me down now!" I screamed.

"Nope." He smiled at me and placed me in the car.

I am not a child.

Dexter walked around the car and climbed in. He started the car and looked at me.

"Aw, you're mad at me Sharen?" He said laughing.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

But his laughter was to contagious and we both was laughing hard for no reason.

Once the playfulness died down, he said, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine, but I'll feel even better if you hurry up and bring me home." I said, smiling.

"Oh, okay. You got jokes. I got you."

He put the car in drive and we was on our way.

Is this butterflies I feel? Oh god.

-Dexter

I pulled up to Sharen's house but honestly I wasn't comfortable with her sleeping here alone. For all I know that bastard Allen can come here and invade her privacy.

Wait, hold on. It's not like she's my woman.

I really have to stop being overprotective over something that's not mines.

I cut the ignition off and looked over at Sharen. She fell asleep on our way here.

I stared at her and admired her beauty. Her shoulder length hair was pulled back, making her features even more exotic. Her lush lips were slightly apart and she was snoring.

I chuckled to myself. It's always the cute ones.

"Sharen." I whispered.

No response.

She sleeps hard.

"Sharen." I said again a little louder.

She slightly moved, and opened her eyes.

She looked around trying to remember where she was.

"Oh, I'm home." She unbuckled her seat belt and began to open the door.

"Woman what did I tell you? No walking." I said.

She laughed.

"Dexter, what am I going to do once you leave? Stay in bed all day?" She said.

"No, because you won't be alone."

She stared at me, her mouth slightly open. Her eyes were now squinted and her nose was flaring.

"Well just what in the hell are you implying? Just because you do favors for me and you're nice to me doesn't mean you're going to get something in return for that. What kind of woman do you think I am?" She screamed.

"Wait, Sharen calm down. That's not what I meant-"

But before I can finish my statement she hopped out the car and slammed the door. Within seconds, she was locked up in her house.

What just happened?

I was in total shock.