Chapter 18

I rolled down my window. Before I can go off on her she spoke.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" She mumbled.

"Talk." I simply replied.

"I want to tell what happened and why it happened. Jess wasn't always the sweet heart you thought he was. He had an evil side to him that you didn't know about."

What was she talking about?

"Look, I told you I don't want to talk about this. My number one question to you is why aren't you in jail?" My temper was starting to boil over. I can see myself snapping her neck.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, it was self defense Sharen." That's when Karen started crying.

At that moment I realized what Karen had on. She looked horrible. It looked like she haven't brushed her teeth and did something to her hair in weeks.

"Have you been eating Karen?" I asked. Of course I was livid with her and the stress she's putting me through, but I didn't want to stop my blessings from being hateful.

"No." She replied quietly.

I meant what I told Karen, I didn't want to here about the death of my brother. It's bad enough his funeral is in two days, hearing how it happened would only put the icing on the cake.

I opened the door and stepped out the car.

"Self defense huh Karen?" I asked sarcastically.

"Y-yes. Sharen I'll call you tomorrow okay? Please can you come over?" She begged.

"Fine. Call me in the morning. I guess we can talk." And then I turned away to walk into my building. Hopefully I can get something straighten out in my life.