Chapter 8

Pulling up to my job, I was surrounded by a dozen of police cars.

What is going on?

I rushed out of the car and into the building.

"Hey, Miss you can't go in there. Please step to the side." The officer said as he begin to walk closer to me.

"Sir, this is is my building. I own this place." I said as calmly as I can muster.

"What's your name Miss?" He asked.

"Sharen Woods. Can I please go see what's going on?" Before he can answer I ran past him and ran up the stairs towards my office.

What I saw next was enough to blow my mind.

Everything I worked hard for, everything I loved was destroyed. My diplomas, my pictures, my whole office was a mess. I stepped over the pieces of glass and to my dismay all of my file work was still in tact.

Who would want to do something like this?

As I stood in my office thinking about who would have it out for me, I heard a knock at the door.

I looked up to see once again, the sexy specimen.

What was he doing here? Right now is not the time.

"Ms. Woods?" He said looking down at a piece of paper he had in his hand. When he finally looked up recognition hit him.

But instead of blowing his cover he kept it cool.

"I'm here to ask you some questions Ms. Woods. First, is there anyone you know that wants to hurt you?"

"No." I replied.

He returned his attention back to the piece of paper and started writing something down.

"How did you find out about your office being broken in to?" He looked up and asked.

"My employee, Larry called and told me what was going on." I replied. Furrowing my brows trying to figure out what he was writing.

"Where is he now?" He asked.

"Look! I don't know okay? I'm searching for questions just like you!" I was starting to get tired of all these questions. I was just tired of everything.

"Calm down Ms. Woods. Everything is going to be okay." He said as he begin to walk towards me. Next thing I know I was crying in this man arms. I barely even know him!

"Shh, everything will work itself out okay?" He cooed while rubbing my back.

I nodded my head. He grabbed me by my shoulders and looked down at me. I stared into his beautiful dark brown eyes. My eyes then traveled down to his full lips. God, this man was beautiful.

"Mitchell?" I heard someone say from my office door.

Dexter and I both turned to find a white detective standing at the door.

"Yeah, Croon. I'll be there in just a second." Dexter looked down at me and then turned around and walked out of the office.

                     -Dexter

Something isn't right. Something just doesn't feel right. I don't know much about this lady but I'm going to get to the bottom of things.

I walked out of the office to find Croon. My Co worker.

"Yeah Croon. Is something wrong?"

I asked as I begin to lean on the wall and listen to what he has to say.

"Yes something is definitely wrong. Who ever ramshacked this lady's office is after her. And I don't mean that very lightly"

"Well, how do you know this for sure? What gives you this idea?" I asked starting to become intrigued with what he had to say or in this case what he had to show me.

I followed him to the ladies bathroom. I stood outside of the door waiting for him and when he appeared he had a note in his hand.

It read:

Remember how you hurt me? How does it feel to be hurt? I'll keep in touch ;)

I ran back towards Sharen's office but I didn't see her.

"Ms. Woods?" I yelled.

"She's gone Mitchell." Doraen, another Co worker replied.

"Damn. I need answers. Someone is after her." I said. I ran to my truck. I had to find her.