Chapter 7

"Channy? What are you doing here? How did you even know where I lived?" I asked. But she dismissed both questions and walked passed me. She sat on my couch and crossed her legs.

What the hell?

"Um, what do you think you're doing?"

I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm sitting. We need to talk Sharen."

Did this heffa call me Sharen? Oh no.

"Excuse me?" My patience was starting to wear thin.

"I said we need to talk. You know, I'm tired of watching you live your life happily. You get anything you want. You do everything you want to do. I'm tired of following your rules. I think it's about time you follow mines."

She stood and begin to walk my way.

I looked at her incredulously.

The next thing I seen was her fist coming towards my face.

And that's when I jumped up. Heart racing, trying to hold on to my last breath.

It was a dream. Thank god it was just a dream. But when did I fall asleep?

Last thing I remember was someone knocking at my door. Or was that a part of the dream too?

I looked down at the table and realized that I must have fell asleep while eating. Getting up to clean the table off and get ready for bed, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I looked at the caller I.D. and saw that it was one of my employees, Larry.

I looked over to my clock and saw that it was 8 o'clock at night.

"Hi, Larry." I said as I answered.

"Ms. Woods, you need to come to the office as quickly as possible. I think there is something you would want to see." He said.

"Okay I'll be there in 20 minutes."

After hanging up with Larry, I took a quick shower and ran out the door. There's never a dull moment for me. Ever.