Chapter 14

Every time I brought Allen up, my heart began to hurt more and more. I looked into Dexters' eyes and seen anger.

But why?

"So are those your only two suspects?" He asked.

"Yes." I knew I wasn't telling Dexter everything about Allen. It's a lot more to the story but I don't think I'm ready to share that with anyone. Especially someone I barely even know.

Dexter stood up from the table and pushed the chair to the table.

"Well I think that's it for the night Sharen. I will definitely keep in touch with you." He said as he looked down at me.

Gorgeous man. Just gorgeous.

"Okay." I mumbled.

I proceeded to walk Dexter to the door but he stopped me. He wrapped his big arms around me and gave me a hug. It wasn't anything sexual. Just genuine.

Once he released me, I looked at him and smiled.

"What was that for?" I asked. Smiling. Well blushing.

"I just wanted to make you feel better. Just to let you know that I'm here for you if no one else is. And I mean that." He said playfully putting his hand over his heart.

"Thank you, I'm honored Dexter." I said joking back.

He took his index finger and lifted my chin.

"Goodnight Sharen."

"Goodnight Dexter." I whispered. Then he was gone.

I shut the door behind him and walked towards the kitchen to clean up our mess. After that was done, I went up stairs to take a shower and for the rest of the night, I dreamt about Dexter.