Chapter 5

Yesterday was a total nightmare. After finding out that I lost my brother, I tossed and turned the whole day and night. After realizing that I was the only family he had I began to make funeral arrangements and calling insurance companies. But to my dismay Jess didn't have life insurance. So the only thing left to do was come out of pocket and pay for his funeral.

I woke up today feeling a little better and decided that I needed to eat something. My last meal was yesterday, which was the doughnut Karen brought me.

Karen.

I honestly don't even want to think about her or our relationship. I'm afraid of where things will go from here. I love my cousin and our blood will always be thick but she really messed up. And I don't think it's any coming back from this. I'll grieve all my life for my brother, and looking at her face every day will only make it harder.

I got out of bed and walked towards my closet. I wasn't trying to look cute today so I honestly didn't care what I grabbed. After grabbing sweat pants and a tank top, I slipped on my flip flops and threw my hair in a ponytail.

I walked towards my bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face and I was out the door.

I opened the door to my 2008 Corolla and started the ignition. Not really having a destination in mind, I stopped at a restaurant about 10 miles from my house. I've been here before and I know that they only served sandwiches and burgers so I got the usual. I got out of the car and walked in Le'Faye Burgers.

"Hi, welcome to Le'Faye Burgers. What can I get you today?" The girl behind the counter asked. She was a very pretty girl with a bright smile. She wore a black shirt with skimpy little blue shorts.

"Um, yes I'll take the turkey and cheddar cheese sandwich with curly fries and a sprite."

"No problem ma'am." She said and then read me the total.

After handing her my money and receiving the change I wished I would have dressed better.

Looking over my shoulder, I seen something that instantly made my knees go weak.

At the front door was the most chocolate specimen I've seen in all my life. He wore a pull over sweater, jeans that hugged his waistline perfectly and shoes that brought the outfit out all the way. He was saying something to the lady at the front door and she spoke something back.

God why did she make him smile?

That's when I seen the most perfect teeth ever. They were so white and straight. It made him even more sexier. That's when he looked my way and I forgot about all the problems that I'm going through. He winked. And I sent a flirtatious smile his way. But then that's when I realized what I had on.

"Aw shoot." I mumbled to myself.

"Miss, here's your food. Enjoy."

I turned around to the pretty girl and grabbed my food.

"Thanks." I said as I rushed out of the door and ran to my car.

That was a sexy man. I thought and begin to start the car.