Chapter 22

-Sharen

Allen was sitting next to me, rubbing my hair. I wish I could move his hand away. Why is he here?

"Do you want me to stay here with you?" He asked.

I didn't respond. I just stared at him.

The door opened and the nurse walked in.

"Ms. Woods, we're going to release you today but you have to sign your discharge papers." She said.

I nodded and then she walked out.

"Allen, can you please leave? I just want to be alone."

"How will you get home?" He asked.

I didn't answer his question because I didn't know the answer myself. But I really didn't want him to know where I stay.

I heard a cell phone ringing but I knew it wasn't mines, it had to be Allen's.

That's when he pulled the phone out of his pocket and stared at the screen.

He didn't answer.

Something didn't feel right about him being here, he's up to something.

I really need Dexter.

I haven't heard from him since he left hours ago. I wonder what he was up to.

I have to find a way to make Allen leave.

"Allen, no one wants you around. Can you please leave?" I said, making my voice rise.

"Sharen, I already told you I'm not going anywhere. I'm really trying to be nice but you're pushing it."

He hasn't changed one bit. I decided not to say anything else.

There was another knock at the door but this time it was just the person I wanted to see, Dexter.

"I came back to get you Sharen." He said as he walked passed Allen.

I stared into his face and smiled. I was so happy he was here.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

Hey if he didn't care about Allen sitting there, why should I?

He bent over the bed and kissed me on my forehead.

"We're going home baby." He said and smiled.

Oh, he feels like putting on a show. I smiled to myself.

"Look bruh, I don't know you and honestly I don't want to get to know you. But keep your lips to yourself." Allen said standing up. He walked over to Dexter.

Dexter ignored him and put all his attention on me.

He picked me up and placed me in the wheelchair next to the bed.

"Stay away from my woman Allen. Trust me, you don't want this." He said and we left the room.

-Allen

They must not know who they're playing with. The games is only beginning.

I walked out of the hospital room and jogged to my car.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called the unknown number back.

"Yeah, he just came to get her. Follow them and tell me where she stays. Let the games begin."

I hung the phone up and started my ignition. One down, one more to go.

I smiled to myself mischievously. This should be easy.