CHAP51-"The hasty lies"

J     U     N     K     O     O     K

"Taehyung hyung, I sent Harin home. Just see that she reaches"

"Okay, but what's with your voice? Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"No, it's probably a bad signal. I'll call you later, goodnight"

I'm not going to hate her. I can't. I won't. This is all just a misunderstanding. Or a game played by that freak. But why am I so angry?

With trebling legs, I walked out of my room. A slight fear of losing everyone dear to me was igniting a fierce anger in me. The bird that was sealed in the form of a tattoo below her shoulder tensed my jaws in frustration. I could feel my bones grinding against one another as I walk to the storeroom.

My face was burning up, as if I wanted to cry, but instead I started to breathe in and out with longer intakes. My lungs were about to explode with the amount of air I inhaled. And then I started coughing. I felt nauseous and sick. With my eyes still wide open, I looked up to fight back my tears. Tired lament escaped my lips.

Nothing was clear to me. The need for the tattoo, the mystery, the clones, the three time call, birds, the whistle, they all seemed like it wasn't made in a day or two, or not even in a matter of three years.

It's as if he had planned these years ago. It's like I know something about this? Is that even possible?

I was now standing in front of the storeroom door. The door handle felt ice cold against my palms. It was clearly never touched for years. I turned it around and welcomed myself into a dark, dusty and dirty room.

The only light that was my guide was the light from outside the room that had taken the shape of the open door and danced finely on the broken pieces of the piano.

The keys had all broken separate from the instrument. The dust that covered the wood which no longer supported the piano made me realize how antique it looked. It had been my most loved possession.

But now look at it, broken, dirty and abandoned.

The day Mr. Joon had married my mother; I came running to this place which was once my music practice room. After my father's death in a car crash, I never dared to look at the piano that had his memories.

I feared if I play it once again, I might slowly start to miss him more. And so I never played a note. But when he was replaced with a stranger, I couldn't control my anger.

Me being a fifteen year old, who couldn't find anything to vent my anger in, had decided to end my relationship with the piano forever. I broke it. But I blamed it on him. I hated him. He ruined everything.

My dream seemed almost too real. The burning piano was probably the end of my happiness. The happiness that the birds stole from me. Why? Because I upset them? Or at least that's how it looked like in my dream. What about the rest of it?

In a blink of an eye my vision was not in reality. I had gone back in time. The room was like how it was eight years back. I could see my young body sitting in the same position where the piano was kept. It was beautiful; my little fingers were playing each note so perfectly. I was happy. I was smiling.

My eyes would repeatedly take the chance to peek at the tall figure that watched me play. He looked proud. My ears were the key to understanding every note I played back then. The melody, the movement of my fingers around the instrument was so familiar.

The rhythms, the song that I played was something I have heard without the use of an instrument. Like a whistle? I was playing that nostalgic whistle on my piano.

"Are you proud of me, father?" I asked. The man opened his mouth to speak but I was brought back into reality.

My breathing wasn't stable. I kept panting and seeking for air. There were a million doubts in my head. But even with my body weakening, I stood up; a few memories were rushing back and forth in my head. I wanted to learn them all.

"Are you going to clean her room? It's quite dirty now, Jungkook"

"Yea, but I have this feeling that she wouldn't want that Taehyung hyung"

"Why? I think it's better if you keep it clean instead of letting it die. Your mother's memories shouldn't get rusted in here"

"I can't remember exactly. But she had warned me about not touching any of her things, hyung"

"Stop hallucinating and making up your own imaginations, Jungkook"

"No, hyung. She told me to not do something in there. I'm not sure what, but I know she hated me getting in her room"

Three years ago the conversation I had with Taehyung was colliding with another memory that was hidden deep inside me for longer than eight years. The broken pieces of flashbacks were all hinting towards my mother's room.

I ran to the opposite direction, falling several times but I managed to brace myself up. I quickly opened her door and with the opening of the door I was welcomed back into an old memory, a hidden secret.

Mother was dragging me to her room holding my small hands tightly. She looked really angry and I was almost in tears when she started to yell.

She screamed holding onto a few white papers that had a few drawings in it. Mother kept waving the papers to my face, yelling something which I couldn't comprehend.

She was in tears. She then pushed me away and opened a piece of wood from the floor. It was like a secret drawer under the floor. She threw the papers inside and closed the wood, warning me to never come back to find them ever.

Again I was at loss of breath. The room now was back to reality, old. My head was still trying to process everything that I had witnessed. With my body still in shock, the first thing I wanted to check was if there was a wooden layer next to her bed.

I quickly kneeled down and loosened the wood from the corner.

It came out.

I moved the piece of wood away and grabbed onto the paper that had grown old and brown with the efflux of time. The paper had a drawing that looked like it was done by a child. It wasn't the best, but the object drawn could be clearly comprehended.

And just before the flashback had come to an end, I had actually heard her final statement. My heart was beating rapidly. My mind was never stopping. It fed me everything I wanted to know. And now I'm left with no way to understand the meaning of all this.

"Jungkook, you need to stop drawing these pictures. These are not the real world! You hear me, child. This madness created in you will be dangerous, son. I'm going to find a way. Until then, you must stop drawing these birds"

○●○●

A/N- what did I just do. NO idea.