CHAP24-"Eachother"

H        A        R         I         N

I didn't know what emotion took over me when Jungkook asked me that. It just felt painful.

"What? Do I trust my brother?" I asked back, not knowing what fool he is trying to create out of me. Taehyung was definitely there in the room with Jungkook when I had accidently rushed in. But my brother would never do such a thing?

Yet.

Why did he run away then?

Why did he disappear?

"He could never-"I was about to protest even though I had no proof of it. But even before I could, he stopped me.

"You're lucky you have him-"he said, not looking at me anymore but the restless crowd outside the window. "-I wish he was my brother. If he could care for me so much without being blood related then I can't imagine what he would have been to me if we were real brothers"

He stopped and stared at me.

"And you have him. So you don't have to worry about anything else but to care for him. And also to never doubt him, okay?" he wasn't even being serious when he raised that question at me. "Taehyung hyung would never hurt anything or anyone precious to me" he continued.

So Jungkook was just testing me? Maybe because I saw both of them inside the room together, he suspected me to suspect my brother.

He was still staring outside. The window was now covered in fog, hiding his view of the world outside the square glass, enclosing him with no one but me. A smile formed on my lips that adored the snuggled up boy next to the window.

I took of my gloves and moved my index finger to the glass. When the cold sensation had hit my finger, I smoothly slid it from left to right, curving a line down and drawing two small dots above it. Jungkook saw the drawing on the window and took a chance to look at me doubtfully.

He was confused.

"I told you, Jungkook-"I said, making use of the attention he gave me "-It looks beautiful on you" I continued, quickly looking at the smiley before staring back.

He stared down, with an obvious smile hidden below. I wanted to see it, but he looked up again without one. All of a sudden Jungkook frowned, looking at the artistic smiley of mine. He observed it as if something was not right about it, like something was missing.

"Ahh" I exclaimed, moving my finger back to the smiley and drawing two similar shaped boxes on the centre of the smiling curve.

A bunny teeth. Perfect.

He looked at it with enlarged eyes before staring back at me again. The controlled expression on his face was slowly dying while he couldn't help but look as if he was about to explode before he finally managed to snort a laugh.

"Finally" I said. Maybe this isn't the time to talk about his mom. I should just forget about it. I somehow miss my childhood friend so much these days, especially after he became so approachable.

"Aren't you going to order" I asked when he finally managed to stop laughing.

"No. Let's go somewhere even better" he replied, grabbing my hand and rushing out of the café with a joyful smile on.

_______________________________________

"An amusement park? The sun is already setting though, Jungkook" I asked, looking at the huge entrance in front of me.

"So what. Amusement parks are the best when it gets darker"

"Yea, best to get lost"

"Ugh, stop being a party pooper. I've wanted to come here ever since it was opened, like really badly" he said, squeezing his face in a way to show how desperate he was.