CHAP33-"His Scars"

H        A         R         I         N

Jimin's eyes smiled at us. But there was evident despair of companionship swirling in his stare. He looked at us as if he was looking at himself. He misses her. He misses Minrae.

"You've grown into a great liar"

A tap on Jungkook's shoulder along with the obvious voice that spoke beside him made an impact on him while he bounced away from me. A distance so huge was summoned before us. He glanced at Taehyung in guilt but still smiled like a kid, blinking away his nervousness.

"Hyung- I can—I can explain—"

"There's no need for that. Go home. But before that help Suga hyung get Jimin to the police station. He's spending the night under their supervision" Taehyung said, looking at the annoyed boy who didn't look happy to stay a night with the cops. Jimin had his mouth filled with air, looking at us in disapproval.

"I'll take her home for real now" Taehyung smiled at me and I couldn't resist smiling back.

"You're not mad at me, hyung?"

"I'll do that part of my job tomorrow. For now just get home safely"

Taehyung locked his hands with mine and gestured the rest goodbye. Jungkook moved his shoulder to his right, leaning to catch my attention. He mouthed me goodbye and his smile was killing at the moment. I had a really different feeling developing in my stomach. And I loved it.

I smiled and he looked excited.

We both walked in the sidewalk. The space was enough to accommodate two. Taehyung kept swinging our hands in mid air and he's been doing this for longer than expected. It was just like when we were kids. He used to swing my hands just the same.

Even after all that happened. He was smiling. He was smiling for me.

"So how's life, kid?" he asked.

"My best friend just disappeared. Apart from that it still sucks" I replied while he giggled at my sarcasm.

"Be strong, Harin. You need to. But apart from that don't even bother getting involved. Stay out of this okay?" he requested, swinging my hands slower than before, waiting for my answer.

"Okay"

I lied.

I'm sorry.

I have to.

"Taehyung—there is—there is something else I want to ask you" I started, nervous.

"What?"

It took me a while to open up and he waited patiently, still holding onto my hand. Talking something like this was totally obscure and I knew it wouldn't make much sense. But maybe with him....I might be able to find a solution.

"It's been some time that I get such odd dreams...or I don't know sort of like a nightmare maybe" he listened.

"And I saw Hoseok and Namjoon once. They stood in front of me and someone was holding a gun and aiming at them....yesterday I felt like I saw Jin too somewhere in my dream and...oh no Tae" I stopped when I saw his expressions getting stronger.

"No Tae it was just a dream. Please don't get worried up" I rushed up on my words, holding his hands tighter.

"No—I mean, no its okay continue" he shook his head with a forced smile, asking me to go on.

"So I've tried to understand these dreams but I couldn't think of any reasons as to why. Mostly because of the disappearances but there was always something so symbolic and certain meaningful details in my dreams. As if it's trying to tell me something"