CHAP28-"Kiss of assurance"

J         I         M         I         N

"Let's go" I said, grabbing onto her wrist since her hands were curved into a fist that clutched onto her skirt, tight.

At first she didn't move. I had to drag her with all my strength when her legs were frozen on to the floor, looking at me in denial. There was no way I'd let anything happen to her at my watch.

Minrae, will be safe with me.

I walked us outside the school boundaries while I made a quick call to my driver to get us. My house would be a good choice for now so that she will at least be within my reach. We had security cameras all around the mansion and also highly qualified guards. That will keep the psycho away. I hope.

"It hurts" she opened her mouth after so long just to let me know that she was in pain. While dragging her out holding onto her wrist, I didn't know how harsh I was being.

With the warning I received, I stopped on my tracks taking a minute to look at her figure. She looked the same, even worse maybe. The Minrae I used to acknowledge for her strength to fight and superior nature was no more around.

Instead, it was a pale face, withered away in depression and anxiety taking over. There was no sign of hope left in her eyes that had already dried out, leaving nothing but broken pieces of memories that were keeping on playing in her head, giving me no attention.

"I'm sorry" I apologized to the weak figure.

She simply escaped from my grip, snatching her hands away. We didn't realize ourselves that there was a sea of silence taking over us. It was rather peaceful. The road was right in front of us while we both stood on the side walk near the pedestrian, not willing to cross it anytime soon.

We waited, for nothing? But we still did.

We sat on the floor, our backs resting against the wall of somebody's house. But for the matter of fact, we didn't care. I didn't mind if she noticed, but I couldn't stop myself from staring at her side posture, which I had a good side to look at.

The wind slowly struck her open hair, gently waving it. I wanted to ask her if she was okay. If she was scared? If she maybe wanted a hug?

But why would I. Even if her strong personality denies it, it's obviously a 'Yes'.

"I will not let that psycho get to you"

She said nothing, nor was there any change in her expression, her eyes resting and lips sealed against each other.

"Minrae?"

"Hm?"

"I'll do the worrying. So would you please talk to me?"

A laugh escaped her lips and I was relieved to the level I could immediately bring her inside my embrace.

"Jimin"

"Yes"

"He has a fetish for killing. The cops can't help us"

"When did I say I'm going to give you to the cops? I'll keep you safe myself"

"How?"

"At my house. I promise you'll be safe there"

"Haha really? Is your house psychopath free zone or something?" she questioned and eventually laughed at my worry.

"Well, I can keep a board up if you'd like" I spoke dumbly, just so she could continue laughing. It was keeping my mind at ease.

I know. I know it won't be easy. That sick dude already has three of my hyungs as hostage and if she would go missing, then being the first girl, who knows what would happen to her. Ugh, it drives me crazy just thinking about it.