CHAP 13-"She smiled"

T A E H Y U N G

Beads of sweat rolled down my face. It wasn't time for me to get up yet, but the more I struggle inside this blanket for air, the more I want to kill myself. Leaving the curtains open at night was my first mistake and letting her use my room was the second.

"Mom! Did the electrician come yet" I yelled in my morning voice, not something pleasing to hear for men.

"Why? is it that hot in there?"

"I woke up early so cant you guess" I said, stating such obvious facts while mom just ruffled my hair like she would every time when I sat next to her as she continued cooking.

"What about Rin, is she bathing?"

"No, she left early to school. She said she had to return something to someone"

Wha! I let her use my room for once and she dash off without even saying thanks? It's true I haven't been close with her for a few years, but this must be how the elder ones always feel. The AC in her room stopped working and because she threw a tantrum about not getting any sleep, I switched rooms with her.

I haven't slept in such a tidy room for so long that it's like luxury to me at my own house. When I had the chance to get along with her, I dint want to lose it, so I agreed and suffered. But now I feel betrayed.

"I'll get some fresh air then" I told mom, heading upstairs.

"But you're going upstairs? Oh, you mean the balcony"

"No, my room" mom laughed when I winked. The only fresh air I want is the scent of my room.

Scratching my morning hair, still yawning, I pulled my exhausted feet upstairs waiting to crash into my bed again. The feeling was so overwhelming that I was smiling like an idiot with my eyes half closed while I reached to hold the door handle.

I opened the door and.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!!"

Mom came running upstairs holding a shocked expression on. She looked awfully confused while she observed me with a tilted head at my awkward position on the floor because I had fallen on my butt and was continuously pointing at my room with my mouth still wide open.

"What happened, Taehyung-nah"

"Mom, this isn't my room! Where's my room" I asked her, still not recovering from what I'm seeing in front of me.

"Aish, you scared me. Rin, cleaned it up because she couldn't sleep peacefully"

My bed no longer had my clothes that was spread all over and was neatly dressed with a white bed sheet that was neatly tugged in each corner. All my snacks were gathered and kept inside a bag that was hung on the wall. My games were all neatly arranged on the corner of my table and my school books were all arranged separately.

'It's like a whole new world to me'

"Mom, how could she do this to me" I said, almost whining.

_______________________________________

Because of my lovely sister, a person who takes less than five minutes to get ready for school had taken almost an hour to sort out things and leave. I rejected breakfast and was about to get out before mom pulled my ears and stuffed my mouth with a loaf of bread, waving at me while I left for school.

The breeze was firm, hitting my hair while I dint care since I never bothered combing it today. Usually when I walk to school mom always makes a mess, asking me to take the car. But when school is just a few miles away, I never understood the need to. It would be bothersome to our driver too.