2.7

"Are you going to see Matt again?"

"I don't know, well. Ugh Riley what should I do?" Stevie groaned, she was tired of being around people who caused her pain but she was also tired of running away from the ones she loved. When Jack died she pushed everyone away, even Riley. They'd gone months without talking but eventually Stevie gave in and knew she needed her best friend. Riley didn't hold any remorse or hatred toward Stevie, she welcomed her back into her life with open arms.

However not everyone was that accepting, Matt and the rest of Stevie's old "friends" were done with her. She had said and done many things to them out of anger. And she knew that she hurt Jack which ultimately turned everyone against her but it wasn't her fault, right? He broke her heart first. She didn't know about anything at that point in time.

"Well, do you want to see him again? It's been a while." Riley suggested.

"I don't know. I was a horrible person after Jack broke my heart. I hurt Matt, I hurt Jack, I hurt a whole damn lot of people." Stevie sighed rubbing her eyes. It was 7PM and Matt had invited her out to grab a bite. She still didn't know what to do.

"A lot of time has passed, maybe all is forgiven." Riley tried to help Stevie out.

"Maybe, but it definitely won't be forgotten." Stevie sighed. She didn't know if she was ready to face all the things she did to people when she went off the rails. Love really could destroy you. It destroyed part of Stevie's heart and she was really worried for a while if she'd ever be able to heal properly. She really thought she'd always be broken. Until he came along, until-

"Luke."

"What?"

"Luke!" Riley said handing Stevie her phone and sure enough Luke was calling. Stevie stared at the phone and suddenly Riley dropped it into her hands.

"Nope, I'm not picking that up." Stevie told Riley as she placed her phone on the ground of their tent. It rang for a few more seconds and then stopped and her screen had gone back to her lock screen but she didn't recognize it. It was a picture of her and Luke, she remembered him taking it, but she never remembered changing it to her lock screen. She assumed he did it but was confused as to why she never noticed before. 

A few seconds later the screen changed back and it was Luke calling again, Stevie still didn't want to pick it up. She wasn't going to. She couldn't, he was an asshole. He was a dumb asshole. She was better off without him in her life. That's what he kept on telling herself. Maybe if she did it enough she'd actually believe it.

"Are you gonna pick that up?" Riley raised her eyebrow.

"No."

"OK, then I will." Riley said and before Stevie could react Riley had already answered:

"Stephanie Jackson's phone, how may I help you."

"Ah I see, nice to meet you too I'm Riley."

"No she's here in the tent."

"Actually she's sort of busy right now."

"She's out with a friend."

"Maybe after, I don't know if it's such a good idea."

"Ya hmm, OK I'll text you my number. Alright bye."

"Do I wanna know?" Stevie asked Riley as her phone was handed back to her.

"It was his friend, Calum." Riley spoke. "Nothing big, he just wanted to see if you wanted to talk to Luke."

"And?"

"Well I told him you were going out with Matt and then if you were feeling up for it later you'd give him a shout." Riley told her and Stevie grabbed a strand of her hair and began playing with it.

"That's not likely and since when was I going out with Matt?" Stevie asked confused, she still hadn't decided on what she should do. What she wanted to do.

"You're too indesicive so I made up my mind for you, suck it up buttercup." Riley advised her best friend.

Sometimes Stevie hated having such a headstrong and strong willed best friend like Riley but she knew that Riley was a main figure in her life. She practically helped shape her, especially after the whole deal with Jack.

"Do you think he really wants to see me or he just being polite?" Stevie anxiously wondered, she really didn't know because Matt was always such a kind soul to her. Funny enough he reminded her of Matt from the Vampire Diaries. Was it merely a coincidence? Of course Matt from the Vampire Diaries wasn't even real. 

"OK, well I guess I'm going to meet Matt." Stevie shrugged off.

"And Luke?" Riley pressed.

"Highly unlikely." Stevie noted.

"That's not a no.."

I guess it's not, Stevie thought to herself.

-

guys im so sorry i dont even know what to say... but im going to explain my situation to yall.

its my final year of high school and all these marks count, bc theyll be what uni's see and I have really high goals for myself, im a bit of an overachiever and then my job takes up all of the rest of my free time. i wish i could say its my social life but thats still pretty normal, yall should be happy i dont have a bf that takes up the very little time I have to myself. lolz but whatever sorry guys really this is a filler but ill finish this story.. no matter how long it takes me

if u wanna msg me dm me :) 

ps. arent yall so pumped that twin peaks is coming back for a 3rd season ((if youve never watched it i recommend u watch it right now))

thanks for reading.

please vote and comment ♥️