1.1

"How'd you know about this place?" Stevie asked amazed as she stuffed her face with food.

"A friend recommended it." Ashton laughed at her as he stared at her.

Riley shook her head in disgust, she hated the way Stevie ate. She literally was a pig. Sometimes it was funny but most of the time it was annoying: this was the majority of times.

"You seem to be really enjoying it." Luke remarked, laughing at Stevie as well. She was gobbling down her pasta.

"I am, it's amazing." Stevie laughed as she finished her last piece of pasta. "Damn."

"Do you want another one?" Luke offered.

"I'm good. Thanks though." Stevie laughed as she took a sip of her water. She looked up at Luke who was intently staring at her. It made her a bit uncomfortable. She didn't like it when boys stared at her, or anyone for that matter.

"So everyone's done then?" Ashton said looking around as he pulled out his wallet.

"What are you doing?" Riley spoke noticing the wallet.

"Paying?" Ashton questioned, he was confused.

Riley looked at Stevie and then back at Ashton. "You can't be serious." She stated.

"Why can't I pay?" Ashton asked her confused about the Riley's statement.

Luke was also confused, he didn't understand why guys paying for girls wasn't a normal thing? It was just polite after all.

He looked over at Stevie and saw she was shuffling in her seat. He knew she did that when she was nervous or an awkward situation was arising.

"Guys usually only pay if it's a date." Riley remarked. "As far as we were concerned this wasn't one."

"It's not." Luke shook his head and reached his hand to run it through his hair. "Ash was just trying to be polite."

Riley looked at Stevie. Stevie sent Riley back a look that showed she was unsure of what to do.

"Ok well thank you Ashton, but we can pay for ourselves." Riley nodded. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to seem impolite."

Ashton smiled at the two girls and Luke looked at Stevie. She was smiling at him, he wasn't sure if it was a petty one or a genuine one. He knew Stevie didn't have a mean bone in her body so it could be either or.

Luke was surprised how different Riley was from Stevie and wondered how they ended up being such good friends. Luke and his best friends were all very different as well however they all had a passion for music. Speaking of his band mates he wondered what time tomorrow Calum and Michael would fly in. He missed them a lot. It was just him and Ashton for the past couple of days and before that it was just him.

When Luke became famous he didn't assume that also meant he'd become lonely. But that's how it was.

That's why he was confused about his feelings for Stevie. He didn't know if she just stopped the feeling of loneliness for him and that's what he liked or that it was just her. He was beginning to lean to one, the one he hoped it wouldn't be.

Luke didn't plan on meeting someone he really liked at a festival. He knew he only had a couple of days til they'd never see each other again. So was it worth even trying to start something.

He couldn't even think about anything else pertaining to himself but rather Stevie. How would she feel about all this if - if she returned any feeling for him. Would she be willing to do long distance? Could she put up with the banter from the fans? Could he put up with the banter against her? It was inevitable that banter would come, whenever any of the boys hung out with a girl whether it was romantic or not they always got hated on.

Luke didn't want that for Stevie. He knew it was best for her to stay far from her. He felt stupid for even going out to dinner with her. Soon enough people were going to start recognizing him and Ashton and the gig would be up. He knew he didn't have much time left. He knew she was strong but he still didn't want to put her through that.

-

"What are your plans for tomorrow?"

"Nothing really, just going to walk around and see some bands." Luke replied to Stevie.

The group of four had separated into 2 and 2. Luke and Stevie then Ashton and Riley.

Luke wasn't happy with the division at all. A few hours ago he would've but he didn't want to get any closer to Stevie. It would only make it harder to let her go.

"Did you enjoy dinner?" Stevie asked him noticing the shift in Luke's mood. He wouldn't even look at her. He couldn't. Her brown eyes would draw him in and he'd forget all logic.

"It was OK." Luke replied to her.

Luke pulled out his phone noticing he had tons of messages of Calum:

" Luke, we're flying in a bit earlier. "

" See you sooooon! (: "

" Luke baby why aren't you replying to me?): "

" I'll be there in an hour! "

" Fuck you asshole. "

" I'm joking, love you babe. <3 "

Luke laughed at all the texts and then realized that Calum and Michael would be there any minute.

Shit. He really had to leave Stevie now.

"Luke?"

"Yeah sorry." Luke replied to her.

"I was just sayi-"

"Sorry I've got to go." Luke interrupted Stevie finally looking at her.

Stevie noticed the urgency in his eyes and nodded her head at him. She gave him a pity smile and then she let him go.

-

if u watch skins talk to me plz bc im addicted and youre my new bff