1.5

"Are you going to get anything?"

She asked Luke after the whole trek to get food was in complete silence.

"No, I'm not hungry." Luke told her. "Here let me take some of it." He offered as Stevie had just finished receiving all of Michael's offer plus a popcorn for herself.

"Honestly it's fine, I'm-" Stevie stopped talking in mid sentence as she almost dropped Michael's large Coke, luckily Luke quickly grabbed it from her.

"Thanks." She noted, and he reached over to grab his friends popcorn as well. Michael should've just come instead of Luke, after all the food was basically all for him.

"It's no big deal." Luke said while they continued walking back to the venue. He didn't have any free hands and kept making a bunch of weird noises to blow his hair out of his face. Unlike the first time Stevie saw Luke his hair was down and not jelled up. Stevie had her popcorn between her arm and body and Michael's hot dog in another so she used her free hand to help Luke. Not that she was doing it for him but to stop herself from looking like an idiot next to him. When he hand make contact with his forehead he flinched back but Stevie continued to brush his hair away.

"Thanks." Luke told her, after they resumed the walk back to the venue. "I just don't want to make my skin worse."

Stevie nodded back at him showing him that she understood. Luke was so open about his acne, which surprised her. Most people would never talk about it. Stevie didn't talk about her "flaws" and "insecurities". She didn't want others to take advantages of her weak points.

"So how was your night?" Stevie asked him, slightly hinting that she was still upset about what happened. She titled her head slightly up so she could get a better view of him reaction. He wasn't very much taller than her, he was probably 6'1 or 6'2 and she was 5'8.

"Look, about that-"

"I don't see why you had to run off so rudely. You didn't even say goodbye..." Stevie interrupted him and that surprised her. She normally wasn't so forward about her feelings.

"Wait that's what you're talking about..." Luke seemed confused.

"Yes?" Stevie wearily answered him. Had something else happened that she couldn't recall? Or maybe Luke was just too hungover to remember anything at all.

"I'm sorry about that." Luke spoke.

"Yeah. Whatever." Stevie huffed and tried to walk further away from Luke but it was hard considering she had popcorn and a hotdog.

"Hey!" Luke called after her. "Stevie."

Stevie ignored him and kept walking at a fast pace. It was really pointless what she was doing because they were going to the same place in the end. She was determined that if she made it there before Luke he would drop the subject and just continue on being mute. She didn't know why she brought it up if all she wanted was for him to be quiet. She thought that maybe he'd feel guilty, and she wanted that.

"Stephanie!"

Stevie stopped right in her tracks and turned around to face Luke. He didn't have a smirk nor a frown on his face. It was definitely a more softened look, almost a sorry one if she knew better.

"Don't call me that." She told him again.

"Sorry. I just wanted to get you to stop running away." He spoke to her, fidgeting once again with his hair. He tried to make eye contact with Stevie but her sunglasses had a glare on them making them nearly impossible to see through them.