0.7

Luke and Stevie had been sitting in silence for the past hour of the trip.

Luke was staring out the window whereas Stevie stared directly at the seat in front of her. She didn't understand why Luke got so upset over the text she received from Riley but nevertheless he was. He didn't even try talking to her about it. He just sat there sulking.

Luke swore he had made it obvious that he called 'dibs' on Stevie. Ashton had Riley anyway! Riley was definitely more physically attractive than Stevie but something about Stevie intrigued him. He liked talking to her and being around her. He liked that she had no idea he was famous and in a band. She saw him as Luke, not Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer.

Luke hadn't even bothered to check his phone to see if Ashton or any of the other boys had texted him. He was angry- more pissed off actually.

He looked over at Stevie breifly and as soon as he saw her head begin to turn and face him he turned back away. What was he supposed to say, 'have a good life with Ashton. I hope you're happy.'

He didn't want her to be happy if it meant with someone else as selfish as that sounded. He didn't even know if he wanted to have sex with her or date her. He was confused about his feelings, he just didn't want Ashton to swoop in and ruin everything before he decided what he wanted.

Luke didn't even know how Stevie felt towards either of them. She hadn't made any obvious advances at all. He still didn't know if she had a boyfriend or not.

"Are you going to ignore me for the rest of the ride?" Stevie finnally spoke. She was annoyed that Luke had gotten mad at her for something she couldn't control. She didn't ask for Ashton to get her number, neither did she give it to him.

"I'm not ignoring you." Luke stated simply. He still faced the window as he spoke.

"Then why won't you look at me?" Stevie argued.

"I like this view better." Luke spat out and instantly regretted his words. The boys constantly told him he should go to a counsellor or therapist for his anger issues but he never took them seriously until he realized how angry he got with Stevie all the time and hated it. She didn't deserve to be talked to that way.

Stevie cringed a bit when she heard those words slip of out Luke's mouth. She assumed that he was mad but everything he said when he was mad seemed to be the truth.

She knew her presence would only further annoy Luke so she decided it'd be best for her to take up Ashton's offer from early. She grabbed her backpack from under the seat and stood up slinging it over her left shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Luke asked her finally looking at her.

"I was going to switch spots with Ashton." Luke cringed at hearing her say his name.

"Why?"

"I thought it'd make you happy." Stevie told him, she did honestly think that would make him the happiest. She constantly made him upset and didn't like that.

"It wouldn't." Luke told her.

Stevie sat back down. She looked like an idiot to everyone else on the bus but she didn't really care what they thought of her.

"You know, I really like the fact that you don't wear makeup." Luke said once again facing the window and not looking up at her.

"Really?" Stevie chuckled. She was happy the mood once again changed and shifted to a happy one.

"Yeah." Luke nodded.

"I'm guess I'm a 'what you see is what you get' type of person." Stevie remarked. She liked her confidence, she thought it made her stand out from a crowd. She didn't need make up to feel beautiful. She didn't feel beautiful but she also didn't think makeup would solve that problem. It was when others complemented her or said good things about her. That's what made her feel like a beautiful person.

"Yeah, I like that." Luke smiled at her, which made Stevie smile back at him.

"Me too."

-

short update i know but i plan on updating tonight, no promises

anyways just so no one comments anything rude about it i just want to state that at my school id say about 1/4 of the girls dont wear any makeup at all and thats what im basing Stevie off of. every time i see someone without it i respect them so much for having that confidence bc i dont have the it. so yes it is possible for girls to not wear makeup and yes it is also possible for guys to find them attractive. beauty is within.