1.7

**i suggest you read the authors note ;)**

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, I'm sorry." Stevie pulled away from Luke's chest. "I don't know what came over me." She couldn't look at him. She was embarrassed by the mini-metal breakdown she had and didn't know what he'd think of her. Stevie didn't want Luke to worry about her or feel sorry for her. He shouldn't have to.

"Don't be sorry, Stevie." Luke tried to look at her but could tell she was avoiding his eyes. He put his hand under her chin and lifted her face up so she was staring at him. Her eyes were still red.

"Why are you suddenly being so nice to me?" She asked him, confused.

"Because I'm trying not to be an asshole all the time." Luke laughed and so did Stevie. "You don't deserve to be talked to by an asshole."

"You aren't an asshole Luke." Stevie wiped her face with her hands and turned back to the bathroom door and opened it. She left it open so she could still talk to Luke while she cleaned herself up.

"I am, I know it too." He admitted. He knew he was. His friends told him, his family told him and the fans told him. He'd know it even if they never had told him. Luke had a thick skin though, so it didn't bug him what others thought of him. Very few opinions mattered to him but Stevie's was one of the few. He wanted to be better for her.

"Well I don't think you are." Stevie noted as she grabbed paper towel and dabbed her face. "Sure sometimes you say rude things but overall I think you've got a good heart."

Luke smiled but she didn't see it. Stevie was too busy trying to fix herself.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Luke asked her, surprising himself. It was a bold move and he was sure that it would stir up some trouble with the boys but at the moment he didn't care, asshole Luke was present.

"Out of here?" Stevie questioned him looking at Luke through the mirror. He had a confused look on his face and it looked like he was thinking very hard about what he was saying.

"Yeah. Like we could go for a walk or something. Or ride the Ferris wheel." Luke suggested.

"What about your friends?" Stevie didn't want to be that girl that made guys chose chicks over dicks. She would never do that to Riley.

"They'll be fine." Luke stated and Stevie turned around to face him.

"I'd feel bad. I don't want you to ditch them for me."

"It's not for you." Luke said, but instantly regretted it. It sounded more harsh than sincere. He meant to comfort Stevie by saying that. He wanted to reassure her not offend her. "I mean like- I don't even know what I meant when I said that." Luke honestly admittedly.

Stevie laughed at him.

"Please." Luke insisted.

"OK."

"Seriously?" Luke bewildered.

"Let's go before I change my mind."

-

"I don't even know why I suggested this." Luke shut his eyes tight as they were being lifted into the air. His hands gripped the bar in front of him. He could feel the sweat building up between his hands and the bar.

"Wait. Are you afraid of heights?" Stevie scoffed and turned to face the 19 year old boy who was gripping a metal bar as if his life depended on it.

"No!" Luke defended himself. "I'm just weary of how stable this piece of shit is."

"Yeah OK." Stevie rolled her eyes just as the Ferris wheel came to an abrupt stop.

Luke's eyes were still shut and he didn't dare to open them. He was terrified of a lot of things, heights only being one of them. He didn't want to openly admit it to Stevie but he assumed he already knew since he was acting like a baby.

"Luke wow." Stevie breathed out. "This view is amazing." Stevie looked around. She could see all of Coachella and the valleys and hills in the distance. As much as she loved England and wanted to move there she knew that she grew up very blessed. California was a great place to grow up especially the parts where she had. She was very well along and hadn't worked a day in her life.

"Luke. C'mon open your eyes." She pushed but Luke still had his eyes sealed shut. "We aren't that high up."

Luke couldn't do it. He knew it'd only make him more scared. But suddenly he felt a rush inside of him. A warm feeling ran through him when he felt a physical presence in his hand. He felt the warmth of another placed on his.

Luke opened his eyes and saw Stevie's hand was placed on top of his. He looked over and her and she was staring at him with a giant smile on her face.

"You opened your eyes." She exclaimed.

Luke was surprised that that was all she could say. Did she not feel anything else? Luke's heart was racing from her touch and he definitely knew he had strong feelings growing for her. He was happy he convinced Stevie to spend time alone with him. He didn't even feel guilty for leaving the boys because of how happy he was. He knew it was a dick move but the happiness he was feeling was unbelievable. Especially at this exact moment when Stevie's hand was on his.

Luke decided that it was time to make a bold move. He didn't know how Stevie would react but he knew that he had to do it. He flipped his hand over so he wasn't gripping the metal bad anymore and he intertwined his fingers with Stevie's. He was afraid to look up at her and she was her reaction was but he knew it wouldn't be too horrible as she hadn't tried to pull away... yet.

He looked at Stevie who's smile had faded and Luke didn't know what her expression meant. It didn't seem to be mad or angry but then it also wasn't happy or joyful.

"Luke..." Stevie trailed off, not knowing what else to say. She was shocked at what Luke had done but nevertheless she liked the way his hand felt in hers. But she didn't know what it meant. Did he have feelings for her? Was he just toying with her?

"Ssssh." Luke said because he just wanted to enjoy the moment. He felt amazing and that was a feeling he hadn't felt in a while.

-

So Luke knows he's being a dick to his friends but doesn't care bc he likes Stevie and knows he is an asshole

But ya, Luke and Stevie both have secrets and you'll see what they are soon enough ;)

OK SO BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

I have very few active readers and what I mean by that is I'll get like 100 read but then only 10 votes and maybe 3 comments so I've come up with an idea to make y'all more active:

I'm going to do one shots.

In order for you to get a one shot you have to vote & comment on my chapters, and please let the comments be insightful, not just "OMG love".

Anyways I will dm whoever I choose to write a one shot for and then ask which boy it can be 1d or 5SOS but I prefer 5SOS aha!

But yes so that's all I have to say. I'm doing this for my readers because you all vote and comment for me! So love you all xo

ps. im 17 now and wow I feel so old omg & got to spend my bday in england so that's the best bday present ever but now im back and so sad