3.1

" Seriously. That's enough. Fuck off!!"

It always irritated Luke when his bandmates took advantage of the fact that he was hungover and had a massive headache. They would never help him get over it, they would only make it worse by screaming in his ears or banging on pots and pans. Sometimes - if Ashton really wanted to piss Luke off - he would play his drum kit. Luke was grateful Ashton's drum kit was not where in sight or he was sure Ashton would be hammering away at it.

"Lukey-poo it is your fault you feel this way." Michael said to him and to which Luke rolled his eyes.

"No one asked you to fucking yell in my fucking ear you fuck." Luke snapped back at him.

Michael scoffed and pulled out his phone. "You sound stupid when you say fuck after every word."

Luke stood up from the kitchen table and grabbed his bowl. He tossed it in the sink before he walked out of the room. He was not going to let Michael have the last word. 

"Fuck you and fuck off." Luke said as he was leaving.

He went back his shared room. He missed having his own private space, he hadn't been home in a long time. Luke slumped in his bed and pulled out his phone from his pocket, he went into contacts and scrolled through. Everyone thought celebrities would have hundreds of contacts but Luke didn't even have that many. As he scrolled through figuring out who he wanted to text his phone started vibrating and the screen flashed to a picture of him and his mum.

 As he scrolled through figuring out who he wanted to text his phone started vibrating and the screen flashed to a picture of him and his mum

"Mum❤️❤️" flashed on the screen.

It didn't matter how many times that flashed on his screen. He couldn't. He was not ready to face what that meant.

It was times like this when Luke wished he wasn't so alone in this world. He wanted to talk to someone and tell them how he was feeling. He tried a therapist and it wasn't for him. Luke knew he could count on the boys but it was hard to open up to them - he couldn't put his finger on why. 

Luke wanted a companion and not in the sense of a dog. He wanted someone who would stand with - not by him. Someone who he could poor his heart out to and they would do the same to him. As much as he wanted this the thought of having it scared him. He could barely love himself and he knew that opening up to another person meant he'd have to love them. Luke knew he was selfish, he didn't know if he could overcome this obstacle. So he felt he was better off alone.

This mindset always worked for him. Until the past year when things got bad with his Mum. He needed another coping mechanism and that was pushing everyone further away than they already were.

A few seconds later Ashton walked into the room.

"Hey mate, how ya feelin'?" Ashton asked him as he summed through his duffel bag full of clothes.