0.1

"I call this one." Riley told Stevie.

"The boy or the seat?" Stevie asked her, rolling her eyes. Riley always had boys on her mind. It didn't matter what she was doing, they were the first thing she thought about. The only issue was that she couldn't commit herself to one.

Stevie knew Riley wasn't a 'slut' which was what most guys referred to her as. She was a tease, there was no denying that. Riley had only slept with one guy her entire life.

"Both." Riley replied looking over her back shoulder and sending Stevie a cheeky wink.

Stevie looked around the jam packed coach bus. There was only one empty seat, it was a few rows back from Riley's. She was upset that the system had faulted and her and Riley's seats had been discarded. But at the same time she was still thankful she'd gotten a seat. There'd been a couple behind her at the ticket counter a few hours ago who'd been told they needed to wait until tomorrow to take another bus out. She guessed that the other buses were completely booked. But why wouldn't they be, this was for Coachella.

"Excuse me." Stevie spoke to the passenger that leaned against the window. She normally wouldn't have bothered with an introduction but his bag was in the only available seat.

The person hadn't budged, she saw they had headphones in their ears and they looked sound asleep.

Stevie looked around the bus, unsure if everyone else was witnessing her struggle.

"Screw it." She mumbled under her breath as she grabbed the bag and placed it into the overhead compartment. A few things inside of it clashed and made a loud noise. It didn't seem to bother the owner of the bag, only the rest of the bus as they all stared at her.

She could even see Riley trying to hold in her laugh from a few rows ahead.

Stevie sat down embarrassed as a voice came out of the intercom and announced that the bus would be departing in less than 10 minutes.

She looked at the person sleeping next to her. Still unsure of their gender because of the hood on their head. She was almost positive it was a boy but she couldn't really tell. She hoped that he'd sleep for the full four and a half hour bus ride so she didn't have to explain to him where his bag was, but in the back of her mind knew he wouldn't.

-

Likewise the person next to her, Stevie had also fallen asleep. She hadn't planned to just in case the person beside her woke up and had to use the bathroom or get up.

She also hadn't planned to be woken up by the feeling of a person's head on her shoulder. Her eyes shot open and she stared at the sleeping face. She could now see him. It was in fact a boy. She'd been right. But she shook her prideful moment out of her head because there was another on her shoulder.

Stevie shifted uncomfortable in her seat moving over to the right trying not to wake the stranger but as trying to get him off of her.

She realized she'd moved too far away when his head slipped off her shoulder and collided with the arm rest right below.

"Shit." She cursed as she waited for the stranger to awake.

However he didn't even stir. Maybe she'd knocked him out. She wasn't sure and was beginning to panic. She sent a quick text to Riley asking for help.

Stevie waited for a couple of minutes and still had no reply from her friend. She leaned over into the aisle and saw Riley in what seemed to be a very conversation with the boy next to her.

She was jealous that Riley didn't have a sleeping stranger next to her. She was also kicking herself for not speaking up first and calling that seat. That boy seemed a lot more friendly than the one that laid next to her.

The bus came to an abrupt stop causing the boy next to her to go flying into the seat in front of his. This seemed to wake him up as he mumbled some cusses before rubbing his eyes and looking around.

He reached over to his right to grab his bag that had Advil in it but instead was shocked when he felt something other than that.

Stevie stared at the boy next to her who was squeezing her thigh. She didn't like his touch, it was cold and unfamiliar. It made her uncomfortable.

He quickly removed his hand off her thigh and looked around once more. He hadn't remembered anyone sitting next to him when they had departed. But then again he didn't remember leaving Las Vegas.

"Uhm, hi I'm St-" Stevie began to introduce herself to ease the awkwardness, the stranger's face was full of confusion.

"Who the fuck are you and where's my fucking bag?" Was all she got in return.

-

thanks for reading.

please vote and comment ♥️