Truth Comes With Tears

"You know as friends right," he said looking down.

"Yeah."

"Why'd you walk away?"

"What?"

"First day we danced in the quad, we shared a moment, then you disapeered."

"I told myself before I stepped foot outside of my car, 'No Distractions' and you posed as one of them."

"Then why'd you trust me to pick you up at school the next day? We known each other for one day and I hurt your ankle, but you still trusted me."

"Would it be bad to say I used you?"

"Yes."

"Well I kind of did, you were the best and I guess I wanted you to fall for me, so I could overtake the number one spot."

"Woah, and one final question."

"Shoot."

"Why'd you run out when I asked Carly to the dance."

"Because while trying to make you fall for me, I fell for you instead," I looked out of the window and couldn't believe I just said that. I took a deep breath and finally looked back at him, "But hey, competition right?"

"Right," he said pulling out of the parking lot and drove back to school.

We pulled into the Keaton lot just in time for the last dance class. We made our way into class where kids were checking the cast for the play Romeo and Juliet.

"Congrats V!" C said coming up to me excitedly, "You too Beckett."

"What," I said and sure enough Beckett and I were there, "But we weren't even partners in the duets."

"Like I said on Monday, you two have chemistry," C said walking past me.

"Alright class, we will start working on the group dance right now," Ms. Helsweel announced, " But Vanessa and Beckett I want a concept of what your duet would look like at the 'happy' part. Go to Studio 'B' and come back when you have something presentable."

Beckett and I headed into the studio, where we pulled some music for inspiration. 

"Alright I think I have something," I said. I showed him my notes and he nodded in reply. We worked hard, but I couldn't look him in the eye.

"You okay?" 

"Yeah why wouldn't I be-" I said while he spun me, I landed in a position where I was inches apart from him, "okay."

23 more minutes V and you're free. I thought to myself, it's fine all professional. 

"I'm getting some water I'll be back in five," I walked out and heard Beckett play Mery by Shawn Mendes.

Just walk away V, no distractions. I went and just hung out in the hallway practicing my leaps. When I decided to see what Beckett was doing now I walked in expecting a trainwreck, but when I walked in I was speechless, his dance was not only good, but terrific.

"Woah," I said shocked. He extended his hand and pressed play on the remote on his other hand. 

"May I have this dance?"

"You shall." I grabbed his hand and we danced our hearts out sparks flying through the air as we finished.

"Let's show them," Beckett whispered. I pulled his hand along and dragged him with me across to where the others were practicing.

"We're ready," I said. 

"Oh and 10 minutes left? This better not look sloppy," Ms. Helsweel said, pressing play on the remote Beckett gave her.

"Ready?"

"Let's do it," I said smiling. The music began and I guess what Carly said on the first day I came was true, there was something between Beckett and I, but I have to hide those feelings, before I get hurt. But on a happier note when we ended Ms. Helsweel came to us and smiled.

"Excellent," she whispered. I was so happy I went in for a hug with Beckett, then pulled back and extended my hand for a handshake. He wasn't all pleased, but I comforted him with a soft smile and walked away with Carly and Sasha, leaving Bradstreet standing there alone.

"Hey my mom's here early, I'm going to head out," I said to Sasha and Carly. But my mom was never there, I ran to the picnic table where a Beckett took me to. I left Beckett with one of my deepest truths and while I was running to our spot I had a few tears in my eyes. 

"He can never know," I thought to myself.