Reasons Why

Beckett's POV

"Hey so what type of dance are we doing," Carly said bouncing towards me.

"It was supposed to be Vanessa wasn't it," I said mad.

"Yeah, but she doesn't even want to look at you right now."

"I know."

"She likes you, she just doesn't understand what your doing to her right now."

"How about a dance to show her how I feel?"

"Let's get to it then we only have 45 minutes left." Carly and I trained hard and out came a great result that should make up for what I did to V.

"Alright class, time to see the dances, any volunteers to go first?" Ms. Helsweel saiid. Vanessa raised her hand and pulled Sasha to the center of the dance floor.

"Our theme for this dance was hate, it's about competitors and the girl had enough of what the boy put her through, so she decided to fight back,"  Vanessa said menacingly. 

My mother was a little shocked but covered it and pressed play on the remote causing the music to begin.

It was amazing, but was Sasha supposed to be me? Did she really think of us as that?

"Good job Ms. Morita and Ms. Roy, who's ne-" my mom started saying.

"Carly and I," I said cutting off my mother. I grabbed Carly's arm, but she stopped me.

"We can improv," Carly said placing her other hand on my upper arm.

"No, Vanessa needs to know how I feel," I said dragging Carly to the center, "This is a dance with the theme of love. It's about how a boy is trying to prove he is worth it to the girl even though he made mistakes." 

Ms. Helsweel slightly nodded and cued the music.

We finish with an applause and I turn to see Vanessa's reaction, but she isn't there.

"That was acceptable," my mother said with a smile. I walked with Carly back to a bench where Sasha was already sitting at.

"Where's Vanessa?" I asked. 

"She had to go to the bathroom," Sasha answered. 

"I'll get her," Carly said looking at me.

"No I will," I replied.

"You can't just go in the girls bathroom."

"Then I'll wait until she gets out." I pushed through the doors where I saw a lonely girl with chocolate hair sitting on the floor with crying sounds coming out. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Beckett?" she said looking up.

"I never meant to hurt you." And for a second  her eyes grew forgiving, but immediately changed when she remembered what I did to her.

"Of course you did! I was your competition then you hurt me then you decide to play this game."

"Why does it even matter? If anything I should be the one that's mad. I came to this school to dance nothing else. Be the star. Be number one. But you had to be here."

"So you hate me because I'm good?"

"I hate you because you got under my skin and made my think for the first time ever 'Why am I doing this, she doesn't deserve it' That's why I hate you Vanessa. That's why I want to see you fall and see you in second place," I said about to scream.

So I run, run to anywhere but here.