twenty

while sitting behind the check-out desk with a worn out book in his hands, yoongi waited for the next customer to interrupt his reading. a pair of reading glasses rested on his nose as he read the words on the pages, pulling him into another universe. when he heard the bell ring on the door, he looked up to greet the person, but he was surprised to see them, and his coworker had beat him to it.

namjoon yelled from across the library as he arranged books on the shelves, "welcome to kim's library! just ask if you need help finding something."

jeongguk's eyes widened when he spotted yoongi. "you work here, hyung? i thought you only sold your pictures?" the brunet made his way towards yoongi, leaning against the wooden desk.

yoongi sighed and closed the book after placing bookmark inside. "well, that's what i had been doing for a while, but then they stopped selling so i had to get a real job." yoongi frowned. "i'm still not making as much, but it gets me by."

"i'm sorry, hyungie." jeongguk picked up the book and ran his fingers over the cracked spine. "do you at least like it here?"

"yeah, namjoon is great. we have a lot in common. he's just an amazing human being." yoongi picking up jeongguk's hand and played with his fingers. "what're doing here?"

jeongguk giggled. "to get a book, silly."

yoongi's cheeks flushed and he diverted his gaze from jeongguk's. "duh, i knew that. i mean, what kind of book are you looking for?"

"anything, really. it helps get the inspiration flowing." jeongguk pushed himself away from yoongi, smiling cheekily. "i'll be back. by the way, you look really cute with those glasses."

yoongi had finally returned to his normal shade, watching his best friend walk away.

"who was that?" namjoon came from the side, making yoongi jump.

"don't do that, you scared me." yoongi glared at the brown-haired male.

namjoon placed the books in his arms on the counter. "i think you're just avoiding the question."

yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes. "why would i avoid it? jeongguk's my best friend."

"i beg to differ. you guys were getting touchy, and i saw the way you looked at him. you had stars in your eyes and your heart was about to leap out of your chest."

"psh, whatever. we're taking things slow." yoongi leaned back in his chair. he scolded himself, unable to control the heat rising in his cheeks.

"whatever you say, lover boy."

-

thanks for reading guys! love you!
💛💛