five

jeongguk had fallen asleep a while ago, his head resting on yoongi's lap. yoongi, however, had been awake for hours; his mind hand been wandering for hours. all he could do was admire jeongguk's cute face and play with his soft hair. like he told the boy days before, he had never really liked anyone. he was never interested in his classmates; he only ever wanted to spend time with jeongguk. yoongi was finally starting to realize that maybe there was a reason he was never interested in anyone else.

jeongguk began to stir in his sleep, causing yoongi to stiffen. the former opened his eyes, gazing up at yoongi. "hyungie," he whispered into the dark, "why are you still awake? it's night time." he sat up and crawled into yoongi's lap, wrapping his arms around yoongi's neck and nuzzling his head into the crook of his neck.

yoongi gulped, rubbing the boy's back gently. i think i know what it feels like now. "couldn't sleep, bubba."

jeongguk hummed out of satisfaction, still sleepy. "i like that name, yoonie hyung."

"noted. let's get you to bed." yoongi stood with jeongguk, lifting the light-weight boy so his legs were wrapped around his waist. he took jeongguk to his room, gently laying the boy down on his bed, sliding underneath the blanket next to him.

they were on their sides now, face to face. jeongguk seemed to be wide awake, no signs of falling asleep. yoongi twirled a stray piece of brown hair around his finger. "you better get back to sleep, bun."

he nodded, moving closer so he could be held by yoongi. "i love you, hyungie."

yoongi smoothed out jeongguk's fluffy hair. "love you too, gguk."

-