eight

after ditching the art show and catching up over a quick cup of coffee, yoongi and jeongguk were now taking a walk in the park. it seemed like nothing had changed between the two.

"i always knew you'd be taller than me once we grew up." yoongi looked up at the brunet with a small smile resting on his face.

jeongguk chuckled softly. "yeah, and it's no surprise that you've died your hair." he ruffled yoongi's hair playfully. "you always wanted to, your parents just never let you. how are they, by the way?"

yoongi became silent, his gaze moving to the ground.

"hyung?" jeongguk tried to make eye contact, lowering his head.

yoongi finally looked up, his eyes filled with sorrow. "mom got sick two years ago; she ended up passing away a year and a half later. the doctors never figured out what happened. of course, dad and i both felt terrible. we just didn't know how to help each other." jeongguk wrapped his arm around yoongi, pulling him close to his side. yoongi let him, welcoming the warmth radiating off the younger male. "dad basically locked himself away and blocked out the rest of the world. that's when i moved here, to seoul. i needed a change, something fresh." yoongi had managed to hold in the tears, but his voice was still shaky.

jeongguk was at a loss for words. "hyung.. i'm so sorry. i- i wish i could have been there for you."

shaking his head, yoongi wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his blazer. "i just wish i could go back to the way things were. to go back home."

"then we'll make a new home here."

yoongi stared into jeongguk's eyes gratefully. jeongguk expected him to say something about how cheesy his statement was, but instead, yoongi announced, "it's not fair that you're taller than me. i can't give you forehead kisses anymore."

jeongguk grinned before leaning down far enough for yoongi to reach his head. "is this good enough?"

holding the sides of jeongguk's face, yoongi placed a gentle kiss on jeongguk's forehead. "perfect."

-