sixteen

it was well past midnight, yet yoongi was still awake. he was cuddled up on his couch with the tv on. flinching at the sound, yoongi turned his head when he there was a knock at the door. he hesitated. it was late, and he also wasn't expecting any visitors. slowly approaching the door, yoongi kept his blanket bundled his his arms. he had nothing to protect himself, so if it was an intruder he could toss the blanket over them as a distraction and flee.

cracking open the door, yoongi exhaled slowly when he saw jeongguk standing in the empty hallway of the apartment corridor. he definitely wasn't expecting that.

the boy was fidgeting with his red sweater, staring at his feet as they shuffled back and forth. "hi, h-hyung.."

yoongi frowned and tugged at his sleeves, pulling the brunet into the small room. "what are you doing? you should be in bed by now."

jeongguk crossed his arms and finally looked at yoongi. "you're not asleep."

"that doesn't matter." yoongi wrapped jeongguk's shoulders. he always kept it cool in his apartment, so he knew jeongguk would be cold soon. he led jeongguk to the couch and made the boy sit next to him. jeongguk immediately cuddled into yoongi's side. "why are you here, bun?" yoongi spoke a bit softer this time, running his fingers through jeongguk's hair.

"couldn't sleep." jeongguk played with the end of yoongi's shirt.

"hm." yoongi didn't push it any further, knowing jeongguk would open up when he wanted to.

not even five minutes later, jeongguk spoke up again. he didn't look away from the tv, though. "yoongi hyung?"

"yeah, bun?" yoongi smoothed out the boy's hair.

"can i kiss you?"

-