twenty-one

"you're sure this'll work?"

"i hope so."

yoongi and jeongguk were wandering around a park, looking for the perfect picture. jeongguk had suggested they try a different theme for yoongi's photos to get them to sell. he thought maybe a youthful approach would pull in buyers, and yoongi was praying it would work.

"thanks for the reassurance," yoongi mumbled as he held the expensive camera hanging around his neck, wandering around the large park.

"oh, hyung, look!" jeongguk grabbed yoongi's hand and dragged him towards whatever it was he had spotted. then, yoongi finally saw it. sitting high up in an old tree, there was a worn down treehouse. "this would be great for few pictures."

yoongi left a quick kiss on the taller boy's cheek before saying, "good idea, bub." yoongi took several photos of the wooden treehouse from different angles, making sure he had plenty to work with. while this was happening, jeongguk laid in the grass and watched yoongi thoughtfully. he admired the way the older became so focused when it came to his work. nothing else around him mattered.

once yoongi was satisfied, he plopped down next to jeongguk. the latter propped himself on his elbows and leaned over, letting yoongi show him what he had captured. "that looks great, hyung!" his eyes lit up, taking in the beauty of the pictures. he knew they'd look even better once yoongi edited them. jeongguk bit his thumb nail before sitting up on his knees. "what if you go up in the tree house and take pictures from there? like of all the buildings and the playground equipment?"

"that sounds great. you just gotta help me up there first. i'm old." yoongi smiled and leaned over, kissing jeongguk's forehead.

jeongguk grinned before pushing himself off the ground and skipping over to the tree. "i'll hold your camera then hand it to you once you get up there." jeongguk held out his hands, waiting patiently for the blond to make his way towards him.

"be careful with it. it's my baby." yoongi placed the camera in jeongguk's hands after giving it a tender kiss, making the boy in front of him pout.

"really? you're jealous over that." yoongi crossed his arms.

jeongguk stood up straight, nodding his head once. "yes."

yoongi sighed and stood on his toes to give jeongguk a quick kiss on the lips before struggling to pull himself up on the lowest branch on the tree. he found a hold in the trunk for his foot and hoisted himself up, making progress towards the low-resting house.

standing beneath the tree, jeongguk cheered on yoongi. the short boy made little progress when his foot got caught, and he lost his grip, falling off the tree. he tumbled a short-way down and fell onto his back, landing on the hard ground beneath him.

"hyung!" jeongguk placed the camera next to himself and ran over to yoongi, falling onto his knees, letting his hand fall on yoongi's cheek to check on the older. "are you okay?"

yoongi groaned and placed his hand over jeongguk's. "yeah.. come here," he whispered.

of course, jeongguk obliged. he leaned closer to his hyung, an innocent look in his eyes. before he knew it, yoongi had him flipped over onto his back and was straddling him, tickling his sides. there was no way jeongguk could escape his hold. "h-hyungie!" jeongguk laughed loudly, earning a few glances from children and their parents, but he didn't care. "stop, it tickles!"

yoongi listened to the boy, but left his hands resting on his sides. "i can't believe you fell for that. you always did when we were kids."

jeongguk scoffed and let his hands rest on yoongi's thighs. "i can never be too safe. i wanna make sure my hyung isn't hurt."

"you're too sweet." yoongi leaned down and planted a kiss on jeongguk's nose before climbing off of him, picking up his camera in the process. he helped jeongguk off the ground, dusting the grass and dirt off his back.

"what now, hyung?" he bounced on his toes, excitement in his eyes.

yoongi pretended to think for a moment. "would you like to go on a date with me, ggukie?"

-

thanks for reading, i love you💛💛