twenty-two

yoongi snapped a candid photo on his phone of the boy in front of him as he looked out the window of the restaurant into the bustling city. he quickly set the picture as he lock screen before turning his attention back to jeongguk.

jeongguk smiled with content, resting his chin in his hands. "this is nice, hyung. i like spending time with you."

chuckling, yoongi replied, "i like being with you too, babe."

jeongguk blushed at the name, but made no attempt to cover his face. "can we get ice cream after this?"

"anything you want to do."

the two left the quiet restaurant in the center of the busy city, holding hands as they walked down the sidewalk. nothing much was said, they only enjoyed each other's presence. once they reached the ice cream shop, jeongguk dragged the older inside, already confident in what he wanted.

"hyung, my favorite is-"

"cookies and cream," yoongi chuckled. "i know, bun, you tell me this every time we get ice cream."

jeongguk flushed, walking towards the counter to order his favorite. yoongi rested his head on jeongguk's shoulder from behind, telling the young girl behind the counter what he would like as well. shortly after, they were seated at a small table outside in the cool autumn breeze with their ice cream. jeongguk licked his double dip cookies and cream ice cream cone while yoongi took small bites from his cup of lemon ice cream.

"why would you get lemon, hyung? it's just nasty." jeongguk scrunched his nose in disgust, looking at the cup in yoongi's hand.

yoongi shrugged as he placed the spoon in his mouth. he swallowed before speaking. "i dunno. it's sweet, but it's still got that tang to it. just try it." yoongi held the spoon up to jeongguk for him to try.

jeongguk shook his head quickly, pulling away. "nuh-uh."

"you're impossible." yoongi rolled his eyes playfully.

"you love me." jeongguk grinned, the mole below his lower lip becoming more prominent.

"you've got a point." yoongi chuckled and finished off his ice cream, placing the cup aside. "you take too long to eat. you're not even to the cone."

"it's not my fault you're distracting me!" jeongguk pouted as he licked at the ice cream, the sticky substance surrounding his lips.

yoongi smiled fondly, crossing his arms. "you're making a mess too."

jeongguk groaned and picked up a napkin wiping around his mouth. "why didn't you tell me sooner? i bet a bunch of people thought i was a little kid or something."

"the answer definitely isn't 'something'." yoongi looked away innocently as jeongguk kicked yoongi from underneath the table.

"i'm not a little kid! i'm nineteen!"

"that's basically a child." yoongi stood up, holding out his hand. "c'mon, babe. if not a kid, you can walk and eat at the same time."

-