twelve

"hyung! look, it's the ice cream place we went to every friday after school." jeongguk pointed at the said shop with one hand, the other holding yoongi's as they strolled down the wide sidewalk. "can we go?" the brunet asked hopefully like a child.

yoongi chuckled and squeezed jeongguk's hand. "sorry, bun. it's almost time for dinner. maybe after, okay?"

jeongguk pouted, but obliged either way. "fine."

they kept walking with their hands locked in a platonic manner, of course. suddenly, jeongguk started running, pulling yoongi with him. "hyung! it's our spot!"

yoongi's eyes widened in surprise as he was being dragged down the path that led to his and the younger male's secret clearing as kids. jeongguk fell onto the ground once he reached the center of the small meadow, yoongi landing next to him. jeongguk laughed, which was honestly one of yoongi's most favorite sounds.

"i almost forgot about this place, hyung," jeongguk sighed happily, moving his right arm behind his head and the other resting on his stomach.

yoongi stared up at the cloudy sky, both arms supporting his head. a comfortable silence settled over the two males as childhood memories flooded their minds.

after who knows how long, jeongguk turned his head towards the older. "yoongi hyung?"

turning his head to the side, yoongi raised an eyebrow. "hm?" jeongguk only called him by name when he wanted to talk about something important.

"after i left.. did you ever date anyone in high school?" jeongguk was still staring upward.

yoongi moved onto his side so he was facing jeongguk completely, his hand supporting his head. "yeah, i had a few girlfriends in high school, and after that i experimented with guys. none of it was really special though. but ever since my mom got sick, i haven't been with anyone."

jeongguk gulped. "what- what was it like?"

"you've never been with anyone?" yoongi smiled fondly.

jeongguk shook his head quickly, finally looking at yoongi. "i've never felt a connection with anyone. i didn't want to start something if nothing was there to begin with."

yoongi hummed softly, licking his lips. "let me show you what it was like."

-

thanks to those of you voting and just reading in general. i love you💛