one

"hyung! are you watching? making sure you're watching." jeongguk skipped down the sidewalk before doing a cartwheel. he landed on his butt, but the only thing he was concerned about was that his best friend was watching. "did you see, yoonie?"

"yes, i saw. be careful, though. you'll scrape your hands. you're still healing from last time." yoongi stood up from the edge of the sidewalk, walking over to his best friend. he held out his hand, pulling the fourteen year old from the ground. "see? i told you. i won't be around to watch after you forever, you know."

jeongguk scoffed, linking hands with yoongi as they walked back to the latter's home. they had been best friends since they were in diapers; he didn't see why that would ever change. "i think not. you're my best friend. "

yoongi sighed, but he decided to remain quiet otherwise. yoongi was only two years older, but he still knew that the world wasn't perfect. jeongguk was still pure and innocent; yoongi wanted to make sure he remained that way for as long as possible. "c'mon, bun." yoongi led jeongguk into his bathroom, lifting the younger onto the counter.

crossing his arms, jeongguk whined, "it's not that bad, hyung. i don't need ointment."

rummaging around in the cabinets for bandages and salve, yoongi shook his head defiantly. "the cuts might get infected. should've thought twice, hm?" once yoongi finally found what he desired, he moved in between jeongguk's short legs. "give me your hands."

jeongguk reluctantly opened up his palms, wincing when yoongi rubbed the ointment into his wounds as gently as possible. "can we watch a movie?" jeongguk yawned, his eyes closing momentarily. "i'm sleepy now."

yoongi smiled fondly. he had always felt the need to protect the smaller boy, and he made sure to live up to that. anytime jeongguk came to him crying about another bully at school, yoongi immediately acted on it. he wasn't sure why he was so protective over the boy; he had always assumed it was because they were neighbors and their parents had been friends before they were even born. "sure, bun. go ahead and pick out a movie. i'll get blankets and snacks." he helped the boy off the counter, holding his bandaged hand as they walked into the living room.

jeongguk flipped through netflix and yoongi soon returned with blankets and food, just like he promised. that latter tossed the blanket over jeongguk's head, making him squeal. "hyung! that's mean!"

"you love me," yoongi laughed and pulled the blanket off the younger, placing it over their legs once he sat down. jeongguk cuddled into his side, their usual movie watching position.

half way through the movie, jeongguk got a tingly feeling in his tummy. he wasn't sure what it was. he thought maybe he was just hungry again, so he ate a few more chips. that didn't help.

maybe i'm cold. but they didn't tell us this is a way our body told us we got cold in science class. weird.

"hyungie, i'm cold." jeongguk cuddled further into yoongi's chest, letting the older wrap his arm tighter around him. that definitely did not help. if anything, it only made it worse.

-

ahhh i'm so excited!! love you guys💛