six

it was getting closer and closer to the beginning of the school year. yoongi had received an 'urgent' text from jeongguk, saying they needed to meet at the clearing. whenever jeongguk needed to contact him immediately, he would text yoongi from his mother's cell phone. so, yoongi made his way to their spot as soon as possible. once he reached his destination, he saw his jeonggukie, back facing him. he jogged towards him, taking a seat; however, there was a problem.

jeongguk had tears streaming down his pretty face and his knees were pulled to his chest.

yoongi frowned and pulled the brunet to his chest. "bubba, what's wrong? did you run into someone from school?"

shaking his head, jeongguk took a shaky breath. "n-no. worse th-than that."

"talk to me, gguk. it's okay." yoongi kissed the top of jeongguk's head.

a sob escaped his mouth as he spoke his next words. "it's my dad. h-he's transferring to busan.." he hid his face face in yoongi's chest.

yoongi could only stare, unable to process the information that was just given to him. him and jeongguk's feelings had only grown more and more over the past few weeks. sure, neither of them had acted on it, but they could still feel the connection.

"you were right, hyung." jeongguk hugged yoongi tightly. "you won't be around forever."

"hey, don't talk like that," yoongi whispered. "we can text and call. and i'll be able to drive soon."

"but things like this never work out. and we're still kids. you can't protect me forever." pulling away from yoongi's embrace, jeongguk crossed his arms self-consciously.

yoongi sighed. "i promise, bun, i'll do whatever i can." he pressed a kiss to jeongguk's forehead, his word's filled with love.

-

💛💛