Chapter 31

Ira heard Jekyll, but then he was cut off. Now she was scared. Please don't take another mate from me, please! she pleaded in her mind. Unfortunately, she was weak at that moment, so she looked to Vlad. "Y-your Highness, something's wrong with Jekyll. H-he's not answering me anymore. Please, I-I can't lose another. I-I can't." Zaphira's voice was ragged and hoarse. Now that she was in human form the grief of losing Lanny flooded her, tears began to flow down her cheeks.

Three grinned evilly as the lynk dropped, knocked out, he had watched it shift when part of the castle fell, and he followed it from the trees. He tied the legs together and headed back up into the trees.

Vlad walked over to Ira. He bent down and picked her up and covered her with his jacket. "I don't think you want to be out here where people are watching and staring at you." Kelly was still limp in the grass, human, with all the human aches and pains. Mercy was just pissed. She quickly shifted into her wolf and ran to the woods. Away from all the idiots that destroyed her mother's way of life. Took away her reason to live. Or at least it felt like that to Mercy.

Ira didn't respond, she simply curled up in Vlad's arms. She was pain and just needed time to heal, though she promised to herself and for Jekyll that she wouldn't fall down Mercy's path. She'll only remember the fond memories of Lanny and remind her self that she had Jekyll, too. Fear struck her then, her other mate was endangered she could feel it. "Please find Jekyll, he shifts into a Lynk. I can't lose him, he's the only one I got left," she spoke to Vlad in a soft, broken tone.

"Don't worry. I'll look for him once I get you back to your room." He gave a half smile and ran her to her room but remember that the room was destroyed and had the blood of her mate of the floor. He took her to another room that was similar to the original. "He's going to be fine. Don't worry." He set her down on the bed slowly and walked out of the room.

Moon Pack The pack members felt the shift of losing their Alpha. But soon after they felt the presence of another Alpha wolf nearby, the beta of the pack now temporary alpha mind-linked them "What happened to Kelly? Why are you here? Did you kill her?" He asked the new alpha wolf presence.

Mercy in the forest was having so much fun, forgetting what was behind her. Running free. She stopped in her tracks when voices starting in her head, asking her who she was if she was there new alpha, and what happened to Kelly. Who are you? What's happening? Mercy was looking around her. Thinking they were close by. "Can someone please explain to me what's happening?

Vlad walked pass Azee and Roman, making sure they were fine in the confusion that just happened. "Are you both okay?"

Azee nodded, "Yes and Roman didn't make a fuss. I just feel bad for Kelly, now she's human." Azee spoke with sadness.

"You aren't in your territory anymore young wolf. So again, why are you here?" The beta spoke again to Mercy.

"Well, I'm glad that you guys are safe. I think Mercy will have an issue with your mate and me for a while because we both suggested she become human. Mercy wanted her mother to stay as a werewolf. She ran off into the woods to calm down a little bit, I hope she's okay." Vladimir looked out to the woods, praying that nothing bad happened. Mercy looked up of the human, wondering where she was. "Well, where am I? Honestly, I think you should cut me some slack, because my mother just became human, and my father wants nothing to do with me. Oh, and don't get me started on my uncle. He condemned my mother to become human. So, I don't think you want to mess with me right now."

The beta thought for a moment, "You are Kelly's daughter, aren't you?" He asked her, the other wolf scent smelled somewhat familiar to him.

Mercy wondered why it would matter who her mother was. He shouldn't be standing there. She was in no mood for questions. "Yes. She is my mother, my human mother now." She said that and her voice started to break. "Can you tell me where I am? I guess I ran too fast and too far."