Chapter 27

Kelly talked with Vlad and Mercy. Still confused about what happened but decided that she should rethink what her father was telling her. Thierry wasn't a bad guy and he had a family, which her father never let her have. Kelly had a daughter. Her own flesh and blood. She knew then and there, even if she couldn't remember, she was going to be a mother to Mercy. Especially after everything that happened to her. Mercy was thrilled that her mother was going to stay with them. She thought that things were going to turn out better. Her father didn't want to get her hopes, but Kelly assured Vlad that she wasn't going anywhere. Vlad was still skeptical and thought she had an alternative motive but didn't want to make his daughter anymore upset. If anything, the talk they just had together proved she was willing to stay no matter what.

Lanny slightly looked over at this gorgeous woman and smiled slightly. She had never seen someone as gorgeous as her. She looked over slightly again and saw her chance to spark a conversation. "Ah, the Zillow herb. My mother used that to calm her nerves." she said looking over to this woman. Smiling, being friendly. Something she hasn't done in a very long time.

Zaphira took a whiff of the herb, it had a strong aroma, which told her that it was freshy picked and it would do well for her tea. She nearly startled as a female voice spoke. She looked over to find a raven-haired woman next to her with striking blue eyes. "So, did mine." she simply said in response. She had to admit that she looked pretty, but Zaphira went back to the task at hand. After picking out any other herbs she needed, she paid what she owed before leaving.

Lanny decided that she would follow the gorgeous woman, as to which she couldn't just let go. She followed her scent through the crowds and bends of the market. Shopping her right outside the gate of the market. "Mis, I hate to bother you but what is your name?" Lanny said smiling. Slowly walking closer.

As Zaphira walked out of the gates, she was stopped by the same woman who made a comment at the herbalist's stand. She raised a brow as the strange woman asked for her name. She was cautious though, "Why would you want to know my name?" she asked.

Lanny smiled and saw her grey eyes fully. She spoke, flustered a little. "Ma'am I know this might be...a little sudden but, I couldn't just let you go without getting your name. Or even getting to know you somewhat" she smiled and walked a little closer.

Zaphira warned, "Keep your distance please. As for my name it's Zaphira."

"That is a beautiful name. May I ask where you are going in such a hurry?" Lanny spoke smiling. But inside she was dying. She was very nervous to be this close to her. But she kept her cool and powered through. She thought the girl was the prettiest she had ever seen.

Zaphira sighed, "Just looking for a place to settle for the night as for my objective destination, I'm not inclined to share with you."

Lanny smiled "I know a place that we can stay. They're a good friend. We shouldn't have to pay anything." she giggled and continued to smile. She was very nervous and flustered around Zaphira. She felt a certain way about her.

Zaphira held her hand up," Hold your horses, I don't even know you. I don't follow people that I don't know around. Besides I travel alone." she said. She felt a weird connection to this girl, but her plan was much more important than wanting to discover the weird feeling between her and the woman.

Lanny giggled and smiled "It would probably be best to sleep for the night. It's about to be dark. And, I would personally like to get to know you better. Would you please kindly do me the gesture and stay with me?" she smiled still very nervous and flustered near her. She feels...something.

Zaphira sighed, " Don't think I haven't noticed that it's getting dark. I would have already been on my way at a local tavern if we weren't having this conversation. Your inclined to follow." Ira did not comment on the woman's words about wanting to personally get to know her. She softly scoffed to herself, Good luck with that. she thought as she began walking.