Chapter 29

Lanny smirked and chuckled "Yeah I guess I can lead the way. It's actually not that far. Probably about a 4 hour walk. If, we don't stop. Are we going now?" Lanny asked as she looked at Jekyll and Zaphira.

Zaphira nodded, standing up and heading for the door. "Best we get to it then." she said.

Jekyll stood and followed the two out of the tavern, slightly on edge.

Zaphira walked with confidence and purpose, her dragon persona was on show. So, others would naturally pick up on the energy surrounding the trio and give them a wide birth.

Lanny started walking. Having Jekyll and Ira follow her. "It shouldn't take long. But I guess on the way there we could get to know each other better." she smiled and kept walking.

Jekyll followed before Lanny and Zaphira, his mind racing, his cat on edge.

Lanny felt like there was now tension between her and Jekyll now. She looked back at Jekyll. "Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. My horny side took over. I will um, try to keep that under control," she giggled.

Jekyll looked up from the ground, his eyes unfocused, "It's alright, just startled me." He spoke looking at her, his eyes brighter than normal.

Lanny noticed that his eyes were brighter and stopped walking. Going over to him, she held his hands. They were a little shaky. "Hey, you ok? What's wrong?" she looked into his eyes worried.

Jekyll snapped out of his daze, "Um, yeah I'm fine." He said looking at her, his eyes dimming down to normal.

Lanny kissed his cheek and looked back at him. "Promise?" she said looking at him smiling a little but concerned.

"Yes, I promise." Jekyll smiled softly and started to talk again.

Zaphira paused in her walking, realizing that Lanny and Jekyll weren't with her anymore. She looked behind her to see Lanny checking up on Jekyll, Hmm, he must be on edge being his first time walking during the day time. she thought. She kept walking once Jekyll began moving forward once more, she mind-linked to them, stick together and we'll do just fine she sent to them in a way of reassuring Jekyll more than Lanny; knowing full well that she could take care of herself.

Lanny smiled and held Jekyll's hand as they started walking, trying to calm his nerves. She rubbed his hand lightly. "It will be ok" she said quietly.

Jekyll wasn't really listening to Lanny, he was watching his surroundings. He took a breath, trying to calm his nerves.

Lanny mind linked Ira, we need to keep an eye on Jekyll. He's not doing so well.

Zaphira looked over her shoulder, seeing that even though Lanny was right beside him Jekyll still was tense and weary. She gotten an idea, she mind-linked to Lanny, do you think you can lead us to the castle going through the depth of the woods instead, maybe getting him in a more natural element will put him at ease.

Lanny mind linked back Actually, I think I know a cave system that would lead us to the edge of the castle. You and Jekyll should ride on back in my wolf form. We will get there quicker Lanny looks at Ira.

Zaphira nodded, she wasn't going to argue. Even though she may not always show it, but she worries for her mates. Alright, I'll follow, and you lead. she responded back.

Lanny smiled and changed into her wolf form. Looking at both of them. Wanting them to get on her back.

Jekyll stepped back when Lanny shifted, he shook his head 'no' at her, he wasn't getting on her back, he would much rather be in lynx form, then he can hide easily.