9. Roman

"I'm glad to see you up and about." I groaned hearing that familiar voice and I narrowed my eyes as Remi slapped my back. "I was worried. Virgil would have..."

"I don't care what Virgil would have done." He froze staring at me with wide eyes and I just scoffed. "He left. Just because he's back now doesn't change how pissed I am at him."

"You have no idea what he did for you..." I pushed past him tired of all this shit when he grabbed my arm tightly. This death-like chill ran through me as I looked back to see this blackened mist coming off of him as he started to look like a corpse. His hand burned my skin as he gripped tighter. "That man risked everything... gave up everything for you. I suggest you learn some fucking respect."

"JEREMY!" He let go instantly looking normal again and I turned to see a very angry man in glasses glaring at him. Emile... right? "You know damn well Virgil felt that."

"Good. Maybe they'll both learn a thing or two." Emile just shook his head as I held my arm in close wincing at the very visible mark on my arm. "He made a promise... a sworn oath-bound by magic to KILL THAT FUCKING BITCH!" My eyes narrowed as Remy started to yell. "He can't do that if he's dead... OR DISTRACTED!"

"I took down 2 bases as well as 2 thirds of their organization." I tensed up hearing Virgil behind us. Remy frowned as he turned to see Virgil holding his arm with anger in his eyes. " She's retreated to her personal family. She's on the run... I want her dead more than anyone else here... for more than just one reason. She is my sister. I will put an end to all of this..." His eyes went red as he let his hands drop and I started to shake feeling the rage rolling off of him. "...but if you touch Roman. If you hurt him again... There won't be a soul for hell to claim. Do you understand me, Remy?"

"Of course... Captain." Remy stormed off pulling Emile off with him and I frowned. Captain? Virgil ran over grabbing my arm to look me over and I pulled myself from his grasp. He just froze looking up with this concerned expression. 

"Don't touch me." His eyes fell and I turned to leave, my breath catching in my throat as this wash of guilt fell over me. "You left Virgil..." I shook myself from my thoughts. I tried so hard to tune out what I was feeling from him. "You left me. You turned me and then just left."

"Roman, I..."

"I NEEDED YOU!" I felt his fear as the air turned cold. I held my hand up to see it turning to ice again and I frowned. It's always one or the other. Either I'm ice or I'm fire... I never have control. I just stared at my hand, my back to Virgil as the tears started to well up. "I needed you and you left. You left me to fend for myself. Do you have any idea... how painful this past year was for me?"

"No... I don't." I smiled sadly letting my hand drop as I looked up at the ceiling.

"No... Because you weren't there. I am so angry at you... I hate what you did... I hate it so much. I just.. I can't even look at you right now." I started to leave again ignoring the emotional turmoil in us both.

"Roman Sanders don't you dare walk away from me." That familiar rush ran through me and I froze in my spot. How? How am I still... Patton said... He said that connection was gone forever. I just assumed what I was feeling was because he turned me but... How am I still enthralled? "Don't leave me... not yet." I slowly turned to see him hold back these tears an I instantly felt guilty. I always hated seeing him cry. "Not without talking to me."

"There's nothing else to say." He hugged himself tightly and I started to get pissed. I can't move. I can't leave because he said not to. GOD DAMN IT! The air burst out from me like this icy storm and Virgil looked away shielding his face from the sudden snowfall. You'd think since I managed to break through it to save his life that this enthrallment would do nothing to me. Wrong... I'm still at his mercy apparently... I'm always at his mercy. "What. do you want. from me?"

"I want you to understand..." I scoffed and he just shook his head. "You don't have to forgive me. In fact, I don't want you to. I want you to hate me. Ok Roman? I'm giving you a guilt-free pass. Go ahead... HATE ME!" My eyes went wide in horror as that rush came back. That fucking moron... Does he really think... Does he not realize what he just... "I don't care at all. I just want you to understand why I did it. Actually no..." He stared me right in the eyes with the most serious expression he could muster and my walls slowly started to fall. "You can hate me. You can push me away. You can ignore me. Do whatever you want, Roman. Feel whatever you want... You don't have to understand or like my choices. Whatever you feel... It won't change my mind. I didn't come back here for you, Roman. I never would have come back if I knew this would happen. " I narrowed my eyes as he started to walk past me. "You were just a happy accident. A very happy accident on a very dark mission..."

"Virgil..." I turned around and he was just gone. My heart sank as the tears started to fall. I knew... I knew didn't come back for me but... Why did you have to say it like that? Virgil... I frowned remember just what he said.

He gave me another command I just can't do. I couldn't possibly hate you, Virgil. I can't hate you because...

I love you too much.