Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Battle of Fairy Tail Pt3

Previously...

A couple minutes later, after getting Makarov to the infirmary, the group headed up to the second floor and out to the balcony. From there, they could literally see hundreds of beach ball-sized orbs floating in a giant circle around Magnolia. The orbs had a silver ring with spikes that rotated around a glass casing, and inside the case was a yellow lightning-shaped icon.

"What in the heck are those?" Natsu asked, perplexed.

"They look like lightning lacrima to me." Levy answered, having to put her hand over her eyes to look up to the sky.

"That means Laxus did this." Cana stated.

The Fairy Tail wizards were not the only ones to take notice of the lightning lacrima. The majority of the townspeople and tourist looked up at the floating balls in curiosity, speculating what they could be.

"They're floating all over the town." Lucy said, feeling uneased.

"They may not look that dangerous, but they're overflowing with Lightning Magic." Cana explained seriously. "This could get ugly. Let's just hope he doesn't set them off."

"Could this be the 'Thunder Palace' he was referring to?" Juvia questioned.

"Yes, and it's surrounding Magnolia." Cana replied.

"If those things are full of lightning, what will happen if he activates them?" Lucy asked, concerned.

"Everything within it will be burned to a crisp..." Cana said forebodingly.

~*~*~

"I won't let that happen!" Bisca loudly declared, holding up her rifle. "Re-Quip: Sniper Rifle!"

She crouched by the balcony edge and aimed up at one of the Thunder Palace lacrima

She crouched by the balcony edge and aimed up at one of the Thunder Palace lacrima. A green magical circle appeared at the end of the barrel as she zoomed in on one of the lacrima with her scope.

"Target locked on!" Bisca proclaimed. "Stinger Shot!" She shot a bolt of green magic that hit the target lacrima dead on, destroying it in an explosion of emerald light.

"Nice shot!" Lucy praised.

"Awesome!" Natsu added with a grin.

Cana looked up, shielding her eyes. "Lucky we got a sniper..." she commented.

Bisca smirked confidently, her rifle pointed upwards and hat lowered to cover one eye. "Now all I gotta do is take out the rest-" Then, without warning, Bisca's body jerked as lightning crackled across her body. The green-haired sniper yelled in agony as her body was enveloped in an electrical attack.

"WHAT!?" Lucy shouted shock.

"Bisca!" Natsu yelled.

"What's happening!?" Happy exclaimed, panicked.