Chapter Eight: Galuna Island Pt5

Braedey, Natsu, Gray, Lucy and Happy were all feeling ecstatic after defeating Lyon and his followers, not to mention stopping the resurrection of the super-demon, Deliora. However, their celebratory mood was immediately shattered by Erza's glare, which made everyone, including Braedey, feel unsettled.

"Isn't there something you're all forgetting about?" Erza demanded, "You came to this island to help the villagers; the request was for you to return them to their original forms. This quest still isn't finished."

"Aw, scrap," Braedey moaned, "can't it ever be easy?"

"But I don't understand." Lucy said. "The curse should've been lifted now that Deliora is dead."

"Wrong," Erza replied. "This curse you keep talking about never had anything to do with the demon. The villagers have been affected by the intense magical energy from the Moon Drip spell. In other words, Deliora's death isn't going to change their situation whatsoever."

"W-What? Oh no," Lucy's eyes had widened in realisation as she placed a hand over her mouth in shock.

"Well, we better go and change them back." Natsu exclaimed happily.

"Aye sir!" Happy agreed as both exchanged high-fives.

"Yeah, but we don't know how." Gray said. Then, his face lit up as he got an idea. He turned to Lyon, who was leaning against a boulder behind him. He had taken off his body armour, leaving him in a blue jacket, black pants, and steel boots. "Lyon, do you know?"

"To be quite honest, I don't have a clue." Lyon answered impassively.

Natsu and Happy looked at him incredulously.

"You don't know?" asked Natsu.

"What?" Happy added in disbelief.

"Hold on, something doesn't seem to add up." Braedey said. "The villagers told us that the curse started around the same time you guys got here."

"When we first arrived here three years ago," Lyon explained, "we were aware that there was a village somewhere on this island. But, we had absolutely no reason to communicate with the villagers, so we left them alone. They never came to the temple to see what we were up to."

"In three years, you've never once met?" Erza said disbelievingly.

"I don't understand. The light from the Moon Drip is so bright you can see it practically from any point on the island. It's kinda weird they saw it every night and never went to investigate." Lucy noted.

"Yes," Braedey agreed, a brow arched. "There is something definitely fishy about this."

"FISH?!" a now excited Happy yelled. "Where?"

"I didn't mean fish, Happy. I meant like there's something very odd about those villagers." Braedey deadpanned.

"Aww..." a disappointed Happy moaned.

"The spell didn't transform the villagers." Lyon continued. "The Moon Drip has no effect on the human body."

"What?" Gray inquired dumbfounded.

"Yeah right," Natsu accused, "you're just saying that so you and your lackeys will be off the hook."

"Just think about it." The former 'Cold Emperor' said. "I've been exposed to it longer than they have and my appearance hasn't changed one bit."

"Oh yeah! That's true." Lucy realized.

"That does really make sense." The Transformatrix bearer admitted.