Chapter Twenty-One: The Tower of Heaven Pt2

Era

At their Headquarters in the town of Era, the Magic Council had just earlier received information about the Tower of Heaven and the man in charge of it

At their Headquarters in the town of Era, the Magic Council had just earlier received information about the Tower of Heaven and the man in charge of it. A man named Jellal, who consequently happened to be Siegrain's twin brother. The nine council members were in a heated debate over what course of action should be taken against Jellal and the tower. However, they had been unable to come to an agreement.

"We must do something to stop Jellal!" Michello stated.

"We should gather information!" Leiji inputted.

"Dispatch the military!" Belno suggested.

Suddenly, Siegrain interrupted the other Councilors' bickering; his expression was now grave as a few trickles of sweat raced down his face. "You ignorant fools!" Siegrain exclaimed.

Leiji turned to the blue haired Councilor in surprise and anger. "Siegrain!"

"How dare you..." Belno added.

Siegrain folded his arms over his chest. "Only fools would send in the military, and risk the lives of hundreds of innocent soldiers. I'm telling you, it's far too dangerous!" He rebuked.

Org narrowed his left eye. "What do you propose we do?"

Siegrain lowered his head and closed his eyes. "This is a precarious situation..." He continued. "If we want to stop him, we'll have to completely destroy the Tower of Heaven... and there's only one way to do that..." The blue haired council member paused and opened his eyes for dramatic effect. "...Etherion."

Siegrain's proposal completely shocked the other eight Councilors, and they had every right to be. After all, what he was suggesting was insane. Etherion could cause destruction on a monumental scale.

"Are you insane?!" Org shouted.

"That's Cross-Dimensional Destruction magic!" Michello said crossly.

"We can't!" Belno disputed.

"Do you know how much devastation it would cause?!" Leiji shouted. "That weapon has the power to obliterate an entire nation!"

"Etherion is an absolute last resort! It is more dangerous than the R-System itself!" Belno mentioned.

"Just hear me out." Siegrain reasoned. "The Satellite Square can pinpoint a target anywhere in the region. If we focus it directly on the tower, we can cause less collateral damage, and destroy the structure."

Ultear raised her hand and declared, "I vote to fire."

Org turned to Ultear incredulously. "Not you too, have you gone mad?!"

"Three more in favour will give us the majority." Siegrain noted. "But, we can't let deliberations delay us, time is of the essence! I urge you to vote with me. We cannot allow Jellal to activate the Tower of Heaven!"