Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dark Entrapment - Loved and Lost

With a startled gasp, Erza's eyes snapped open as she looked around in alarmed confusion. Last thing she recalled was being pulled into the purple orb that held Braedey's conscious mind inside. Now, she was standing in a black empty void. The injuries sustained in her fight with the Dark Entrapment Spell avatar were still present, making it hard to stand but her incredible endurance helped her fight through the pain.

The scarlet knight looked around the void but saw nothing. "Hello...!" her voice reverberated out into the seemingly endless space. "BRAEDEY! Are you here?! Where are you?!" the only response she received was the echo of her shouts.

Then, without warning, another flash forced Erza to shield her eyes. When the light died away, she lowered her hands from her face to find herself in a new setting. Erza quickly studied her surroundings.

She was standing on a sidewalk in the middle of a suburban neighbourhood. All the houses had unique colour schemes and designs, but two similarities were that they were lined up evenly along the black road and appeared to be only one-story tall.

 All the houses had unique colour schemes and designs, but two similarities were that they were lined up evenly along the black road and appeared to be only one-story tall

Erza blinked in bewilderment. The re-quipping mage had never seen a neighborhood like this before; however, that didn't matter. What did matter was how and why she was here? 'I don't understand. Isn't Braedey supposed to be here?' pondered Erza. Erza glanced to her right and saw a slick black muscle car parked on the side of the road in front of her. She was about to pass it off as another construct of the scene until she spotted a familiar emblem on the hubcaps of the car, and on the hood: the Transformatrix symbol.

The redheaded wizard walked closer to the car to examine it more closely. "This must be Braedey's car...." she presumed. "It does match his colour scheme... plus I've only ever seen that symbol associated with him."

Erza was pulled out of her musings by the sound of a door opening. She turned to the source of the noise and gasped lightly. There he was!

"Braedey..." she spoke softly.

Braedey was walking out of the house in front of her, and he was sporting a rather different outfit. He wore a pair of white and blue sneakers, similar to those he has on today, black cargo pants, and a white hoody jacket. The jacket itself had two blue stripes on the upper arms of both sleeves, blue sleeve cuffs, and a bold blue lightning bolt emblazoned on the left pectoral. His brown hair also seemed to be a bit shaggier and unkempt than it normally was.

"BRAEDEY!" Erza was about to rush over to him until someone else walked out with him.

It was Braedey's old girlfriend, Jane Henry Parker. She wore a pair of white tennis shoes, a white skirt, and a black shirt with a pink hoodie on top. A white leather purse with a long, thin strap dangled from her right shoulder.

Jane looked at Braedey with a bright smile and a loving gaze in her brown eyes. Braedey had a similar look only he expressed it with a sheepish smile. Jane giggled at this, increasing Braedey's apparent embarrassment as a light tint of pink donned his cheeks.