Chapter Thirty-Five: A Knight for Firsts

The all-girls dormitory known as Fairy Hills was a large brick building that consisted of a central, elongated section with two wings that extended outwards at its sides, giving it the shape of an 'H'. In the front, central part of the building was a porch with a steep tiled roof split into sections by beams held up by wooden pillars paired with arcs. The two wings each had a small number of large, arched windows while the central section's windows were similar in design but smaller and more numerous. The main entrance, which was a set of double doors, was located in the right wing. Sitting in front of the entrance were two stone-brick pillars that were each topped with stylized sculptures of the Fairy Tail symbol and held up a large, arched sign that displayed "Fairy Hills" in long, dark letters.

Inside of the dormitory, Erza laid upon her bed and looked up at the ceiling with her arms spread out. She was reflecting on her unforgettable conversation with Braedey in the park yesterday evening.

"Erza Scarlet, I love you with all of my heart... and I want to be with you..." Braedey's heartfelt confession played in her mind over and over. No matter how many times she thought about it, her face still flushed red and her heart rate increased.

"So... will you be my girlfriend, Erza?" Braedey's warm smile from that moment was permanently etched into her mind, and it brought a soft smile to her face every time she saw it.

The scarlet-haired wizard then recalled the moment they had both agreed on a meeting time for their date.

"I can pick you up from your dorm tomorrow at seven. Sound good?" Braedey asked.

Erza smiled brightly and nodded. "Yes... that sounds perfect."

Now, a day had passed and Erza's date with Braedey was tonight. She glanced over to her bedside table to read the time on her clock; it read three-o-clock. Erza looked at the clock momentarily until suddenly... an expression of panic grew on her face. She immediately sat up, beginning to take deep breaths.

"W-wait... hold on. I've... I've never been on a d-date before..." She stuttered to herself. "I... I don't know what to do!"

This would be Erza's first ever date and she had no experience with relationships. In fact, over the years, she had given little thought to dating and focused more on improving her skills as a wizard and completing job requests instead. Another more personal reason was the scar inflicted upon her heart from Jellal's betrayal when she was young. However, thanks to her recent experience in the Tower of Heaven, she had cast off those old fears and was ready to move on with her life. After so long, she was finally ready to open her heart to someone... and that person was Braedey Martin.

But still... what would she do on a date? What would she wear? What would she say? How was she supposed to act? These questions weighed heavily on her mind.

The little knowledge Erza possessed on romantic relationships came from the erotic books stored in a wooden chest off to the side of her bedroom. She glanced over to the wooden chest as scenes from the various novels flashed through her mind.

Erza blushed like crazy and started shaking her head. "No, no, no! I can't be thinking like that!" she exclaimed as she shook her head and slapped both sides of her face. It took her a few moments before she finally got her breathing under control and calmed her nerves. Once she did, she let out a deep sigh. "The things in those books... they're just fantasies, nothing more. This... this is my first real date. It has to be done right!"

However, with no knowledge regarding relationships, Erza had no clue what to do. Suddenly, an idea then popped in her head. She realized that even though she may be ignorant about dating, a couple friends from the guild may have more knowledge in this matter.