Chapter Forty-Eight: The Oracion Seis Pt5

Previously...

As the bomb's timer winded down to its final seconds, Lyon closed his eyes. 'Ur... is this how you felt?'

The timer hit zero and, in a blinding flash, another explosion enveloped the area and echoed throughout the forest. Nearby trees at the base of the cliff were blown apart by the shockwave and burst into flames.

Natsu ran to the edge and looked down in horror. "Lyon... w-what did you do..." He stammered. He scanned the area for any signs of Lyon or Racer. His nose failed him as the smoke blocked out any other scents.

"Lyon... hey, Lyon! Are you okay down there? Answer me!" Natsu shouted. No response. Only the sounds of the crackling fire and few trees falling. Natsu trembled as he could only look at the devastation.

"LYYYYOOOONNN!" Natsu cried out.

~*~*~

The Worth Woodsea. A large forest residing in the North-Eastern area of Fiore. It was easy for someone to lose their way in these woods; not that many people traversed to it. However, its tranquility was interrupted as a lone man walked deep into its heart.

The blue hair and intricate red face tattoo easily gave away the identity of the man: Jellal Fernandez. After being healed and revived in the Oracion Seis's hideout, Jellal somehow knew what he needed to do. His target resided in the centre of the forest... or at least that's what the voice inside told him.

'Nirvana... I must have Nirvana...' the voice eerily said.

Jellal continued on his path, not questioning the voice. Along the way, he had encountered several of Brain's Dark Guild lackeys, who he easily defeated - despite his less-than-optimal condition. He took that opportunity to exchange his former tattered apparel for one of the mages that were close enough to his size.

His new attire consisted of a pair of loose grey pants with a brown belt, a blue undershirt, and a long black trench coat.

'Blue...' Jellal wistfully thought. Somehow, the colour itself invoked an uneasy feeling within the former Wizard Saint. He wasn't exactly sure why, but he had a gut feeling it was related to his scars. Speaking of scars, Jellal had initially grimaced at the skin blotches that marred his body.

The blue-haired girl's magic had helped to heal them and reduce the physical pain. Strangely enough, the scars themselves didn't unease Jellal... it was the memories they invoked.

A woman with long, scarlet hair...
A large metal-man of white armour coursing with cobalt blue energy.
Finally, a brilliant flash of blue light full of heat and agonising pain.

Jellal ensured his new clothing covered the blotches completely. He could feel the burned skin mildly flare up occasionally but throughout his journey, he had learned to cope. He wasn't sure where he got these injuries, but that was something he could look into later. At the moment, he needed to do something far more important.