Chapter Thirty-Six: The Battle of Fairy Tail Pt1

As Braedey walked down Strawberry Street toward the newly built guild hall, he reflected on his recent conversation with Team Shadow Gear. After Laxus and Gajeel had both left the park, he had approached the trio and requested what exactly had happened. Jet and Droy explained from the beginning how they both requested for Gajeel to meet them in the park so they could dish out some payback, then moved on to Laxus' sudden appearance, and finally the beating that the lightning wizard had inflicted upon the Iron Dragon Slayer.

Needless to say, Braedey could understand why Jet and Droy wanted revenge on Gajeel, but he still didn't approve of the plant and speed wizards ganging up on the guild's newest member, nor did he approve of the intense thrashing Laxus gave him.

What surprised the teen hero most of all was when Levy mentioned that Gajeel hadn't fought back. As Braedey ambled down the cobblestone path, he placed his hands in his jacket pockets with a thoughtful visage. 'Was he trying to make up for what he did to them? I dunno... I might be presuming too much.' He thought. 'But what other reason could there be?'

Braedey shook his head from his musings as he approached the guild hall. He walked through the courtyard and waved at a few members whom were sitting at tables, enjoying their morning. As soon as he stepped through the front doors, he looked around the large room. He was slightly surprised to see Natsu, Gray, Elfman, Lucy and Happy were not present. Braedey presumed they were either still asleep at their respective homes or had yet to return from their theatre job in Onibus.

The brunette teen still couldn't figure out why they even took that job in the first place. He then spotted Erza sitting at the bar with a plate of strawberry cake and a slushie in front of her. She appeared to have blissful look on her face as she consumed her favourite treats.

Braedey chuckled lightly. 'Doesn't she eat anything else but cake when she's here...?' He mused. He shook his head, as he strolled over to the redheaded warrior, taking a seat on the barstool beside her. Erza's smile only brightened when Braedey sat next to her. After ordering a banana-blueberry slushie from Mirajane – who looked quite cheery today – the couple began to animatedly discuss ideas on what they could do for the parade tomorrow night.

Nearly half an hour passed, before Braedey and Erza finally decided what performance they would give, unanimously agreeing it would blow their audience away... not literally, of course.

Braedey and Erza switched topics to another subject and chatted for almost thirty minutes, until the rest of their team suddenly walked through the entrance. Lucy was hanging her head in exasperation, whilst Natsu, Gray, and Elfman trailed behind with her slightly annoyed expressions. Happy, meanwhile, was simply flying above them with a cheerful smile, commenting that their job in Onibus could have gone better.

As soon as the rest of their teammates entered the guild hall, Erza whispered to Braedey that it was time. He gulped audibly, and could feel his heartrate increase steadily, and a couple beads of sweat race down his face. This was the big moment! Why was he nervous? He had fought ancient Gods, alien criminals, monsters, and a demon god fearlessly, yet he was stressing how his friends would react that he and Erza were now dating? It didn't make any sense.

Braedey and Erza both stood up and walked to the table where Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Elfman and Happy had sat down. Natsu was about to call out to Mira to order some grub, until Erza sat next to him on the end of the bench, causing him to flinch in fear. Braedey sat across from her with Elfman on his left.

Before the others could ask Braedey and Erza how their morning was going or inquire what they were doing in Onibus together last night, the latter spoke out and stated she needed to tell the group something important. The table immediately became quiet as they listened to the scarlet-haired mage. Lucy had an idea of what Erza was going to say while the guys remained completely clueless.