Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Dark Entrapment - Here Came the Conqueror

As soon as Team Prime had passed through the gateway, the fatigue and injuries they had sustained from their battle with the Corrupticons had instantly vanished. Needless to say, the wizards and cat were quite surprised to have regained their full strength so quickly.

The team studied their surroundings to see that they were now in an open grassy area with trees, benches, and sidewalks situated around them. It was easy to deduce that they were in a park. What really caught their attention though were the enormous buildings made of steel and glass that towered around the park's perimeter on all sides.

"Wow..." Lucy awed, "seeing how big the cities in Braedey's world never ceases to amaze me."

"Aye," Happy agreed.

Erza was silent as something else caught her eye, something the others had failed to notice yet. There appeared to be a transparent dome covering the entire park, cutting it off from the outside. Why was that there? What was its purpose?

"Are we in a park again?" Natsu griped. "This better not be another freaky dream."

"Natsu, will you-" the redheaded knight began to scold the Dragon Slayer until a flash interrupted her.

The group turned toward the source of the brief flash. It was a 20ft tall silver robot with red highlights, wings on it's back, high-heel shaped feet, missiles on it's forearms, clawed fingers, a red fin in the centre of its helm, and red optics. The Fairy Tail wizards have seen this form before.

The unknown arrival was standing atop of a slanted rock that protruded from the ground

"Who the heck is that guy?" Gray said.

"Humans of Earth," the Cybertronian announced, "today's contest is being broadcast simultaneously on all information channels. Be forewarned, the Conqueror's Challenge is a courtesy. Unicron's fleet is currently in orbit around this planet. Should your champion fail to show, Unicron will declare victory and obliterate the Earth... as is his legal right."

Team Prime looked up and gawked at the fleet of warships hovering in the sky.

"How the hell did we not notice that?!" Natsu shouted, referring to the warships.

"Did I hear him right?" Gray said nervously. "Did he say Unicron? As in that huge demon God guy that nearly killed Braedey when he was a kid?"

"He did." Erza tensed. Her eyes narrowed in thought. "He also said something about a challenge."

"The Conqueror's Challenge," Alpha Trion corrected. The subconscious manifestation appeared on Erza's shoulder once more. "That being is none other than Starscream, the former second in command of the Decepticons, and now servant to Unicron."

"What exactly is going on here? What's a Conqueror's Challenge?" inquired Gray.

"Is it some kind of battle?" Lucy wondered.