Chapter Fifty: The Oracion Seis Pt7

Previously...

"Erza... whenever I hear that name a calmness washes over me." Jellal said as Erza glared him. "Cheerfulness, kindness, fierce unwavering loyalty, I have no doubt that you'll continue to despise me. I'd feel the same and if I'm truly your friend I can't rob you of that freedom." he said as they saw the self-destruction lines appear on his chest. "I'm sorry I made you suffer. I'll do what I can to make it right by you and by.... Braedey." he said as if he had to search for the name.

"You didn't." Cobra said, looking at Jellal in shock as he fell back.

"Be free, Erza, from your hatred, escape your past. I will take your pain and your sadness so they can't shackle you. Please look to the future with Braedey, I feel... no, I know he will bring your future more and more brightness." Jellal smiled at her.

"I can't believe he's gonna go through with this and sacrifice himself." Cobra stated in disbelief.

"Farewell, Erza, and from the bottom of my heart I wish to atone for what I did to you and Braedey." Jellal said as he drifted back into the magical light of Nirvana.

Erza didn't know what to say upon seeing Jellal about to die, upon hearing his confession he didn't want him to die like this. She'd rather have him face proper justice but deep down, she finally saw the old friend she'd thought she lost years ago.

"Jellal!"

~*~*~

Wendy's brown eyes slowly began to flutter open as she began to stir from unconsciousness. The first thing she was able to make out was a small white, furred feline standing by her left side.

"Carla...?" The little girl groaned. As her vision refocused, she was able to examine her surroundings better. She was currently leaning up against a small rocky wall and she could see that they were on a cliffside overlooking the Worth Woodsea. The sun was now setting in the horizon, casting its fiery red glow over the landscape in a warm red aura.

"Ah, Wendy!" Carla said in delight, seeing her charge finally wake up. "Good to see you're alright!"

"W-what happened?" Wendy looked around. "Where is everybody?"

Carla sighed heavily. She now spent the next few minutes explaining what had happened during Wendy's period of unconsciousness. Everything from the moment Hibiki had knocked her out, the truth of Nirvana's power, the rock golem ambush, and finally her retreat to get Wendy to safety.

Wendy took it all in stride. Once Carla had finished, she pulled her legs up to her chest. She couldn't help but feel discouraged. "Maybe I shouldn't have joined the Alliance." Wendy admitted sadly.

" Wendy admitted sadly

'Oh Wendy.' Carla mentally sighed. "Child, don't beat yourself up. It wasn't your fault." Carla insisted.

Wendy, despite being a Dragon Slayer herself, was still just a child and she often lacked the confidence to push forward, standing up to anything in her path. In spite of her own worry and concern for the blue-haired girl, Carla believed completely and fully in Wendy, knowing she was a strong wizard.