Chapter Sixteen: Erza VS Braedey

WARNING: this chapter contains slushies, fighting, and women's breasts.
You have been warned now on with the show!

~*~*~

Behind the bar in the Fairy Tail Guild Hall, GearRunner had several items neatly grouped in piles across the countertop. He had an assortment of metal mechanical parts, bolts and screws, a glass cylinder-shaped tank, various hoses, cooper wire, and a lacrima crystal. At his side were tools such as a screwdriver, pliers, and a tiny hammer.

GearRunner is a 10-inch-tall Cybertronian in a silver metallic colour scheme. His body is shaped like a human, only with what could be a gear built into his back, with the Transformatrix insignia on his chest, and the Fairy Tail mark in his size, and on his left shoulder in black.

GearRunner held his chin as he looked at the piled items, humming while doing so. He examined each part he had collected and memorized them. Once he finished scrutinizing the materials, he closed his eyes and put together a blueprint in his mind. After a moment, he opened his eyes back up and smiled impishly. He had everything he needed to begin his project.

Nearly three days had passed since Team Prime and Elfman defeated the Rabid Weasels and the Transformatrix's malfunction was corrected, turning the affected mages on both sides back to normal. For the team's part in bringing the Dark Guild to justice, the group received an eighty-thousand jewels reward from the Rune Knights. Unfortunately, most of that money went to purchasing new materials to repair the damage done by the Rabid Weasels and the Fairy Tail wizards who were transformed into versions of Braedey's aliens.

They were a bit bummed out but understood fully; after all, the destruction inflicted on the still incomplete Guild Hall by them was considerable, especially the damage Natsu made while he was in Hotrod form. However, even after draining most of his reward on building materials, Braedey was still left with enough to acquire most of the aforementioned objects before him. The rest had come from the storage area in the Guild Hall's cellar.

"He-he," Braedey cackled mischievously, rubbing his hands together, "everything mechanical-wise is here. Time to get started," GearRunner immediately got to work on constructing a metal cube, which would be the main body of the device he was building. It was made from the metal panels he had gathered. Once it was finished, he threw in a variety of mechanical parts, tubes, hoses, wires, and lastly the lacrima crystal within the cube. Braedey jumped in next and began arranging and connecting the various parts.

An hour passed and the rest of the Fairy Tail gathered at the still incomplete Guild Hall. Some were helping in the construction while others were taking breaks by relaxing at the bar; more specifically Cana, who was chugging down a barrel of beer. Later, the rest of Team Prime arrived on the site and approached the bar area.

Natsu burped out a torrent of fire. "Man, that was a good breakfast." He noted; a satisfied smile on his face.

"Aye sir," Happy replied, flying right by.

"I wonder why Braedey couldn't join us though." Lucy pondered.

Gray shrugged. "I went to ask him this morning but he wasn't anywhere in my house."

"That's odd." Erza commented. "I wonder where he could be." Then, without glancing at Gray, the redhead ordered sternly, "Gray, put your clothes back on."

The ice wizard blinked before he looked at himself. True enough, he had stripped down to his boxers. "CRAP!" he panicked.

Natsu laughed hard at his rival. "Ha! What a loser!"

Gray glared back and got in the Dragon Slayer's face. "WHAT'D YOU SAY, PYRO!?"

"I SAID YOU'RE A LOSER, YOU ICY PRICK!" Natsu shouted back with equal rage. "YOU GONNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?!"