Chapter Twelve: Phantom Lord Pt3

Inside the Fairy Tail Guild Hall, the majority of the Guild was sitting at various benches and nursing the injuries sustained in the battle against Phantom Lord. The morale amongst most of the group was low, and why shouldn't it be? Makarov had been defeated and was very sick; in addition, they'd had to retreat from their fight with Phantom.

As Macao, Wakaba, and a few other mages crowded around a table in hopes of hacking up a plan for a counterattack, Braedey, Natsu, Happy, Gray, Elfman and Lucy were by a wall. The latter was sitting on a barrel in dismay. The whole group had looks of thought plastered on their faces. Once Braedey, Natsu, and Happy had arrived back at the Guild, Lucy had told them how she was captured and why Phantom Lord had kidnapped her in the first place.

It turned out that Lucy was part of a very wealthy family; the Heartfilia Family. However, her father, who was her only living parent, cared little for her and she ran away because of it. But now, her dad had apparently hired Phantom Lord to bring her back to him. What Lucy and the others couldn't figure out was why.

Braedey, who was leaning against the wall to the right of Lucy, glanced at the Celestial mage in concern. Since they'd rescued her from Phantom's clutches, she had been blaming herself for everything that had happened.

"Do not worry," Braedey reassured. "We'll get him back for this." He was referring to Makarov.

That did little to help Lucy as her head sunk lower. "I know." She mumbled. "I'm not worried about that." She paused, appearing to be on the verge of crying again. "It's just... all my fault."

"Being targeted by powerful people is just one of the downsides of being rich." Elfman stated. He then smirked proudly. "At least you're protected by a real man like me."

Gray glowered back at him. "Hey! Would you give it a rest already!?"

"I gotta say I was pretty shocked when I heard the news." Happy confessed, standing in front of her. "Why'd you hide the truth from us, Lucy?"

"I wasn't trying to hide anything." Lucy replied. "I mean, there's no way to bring up that I'm a runaway in casual conversation. I've been gone for nearly a year and my father hasn't cared. Now, all of a sudden, he wants to force me to come home? He's done all those horrible things just to bring me back. I hate his guts!"

Braedey, along with the rest of the group, looked at the blonde mage with sympathy. The teen hero felt bad for Lucy. No father should ever do that to their children. Did all Fairy Tail mages have a hard past before joining the Guild? Though he has only been in the Guild for little more than a week, Braedey was beginning to think so.

"Still, if I hadn't run away in the first place none of this would have ever happened." Lucy said dejectedly.

"Come on, don't be ridiculous." Elfman argued. "Your dad's the one to blame."

"Idiot!" Gray yelled.

"Uh..." the brute stuttered as he quickly corrected himself. "I mean that it's Phantom's fault!"

"No," Lucy said, "I'm the one who brought trouble to the Guild because of my own selfish choices. I'm so very sorry. I'm just gonna go back home and hopefully this will all be over."

"I would seriously doubt that, Lucy." Braedey countered softly to the blonde maiden. "From my experience, a group like Phantom Lord does not give up like that." He clenched his left fist, now looking at the Transformatrix on his wrist. "They're just like the Decepticons; they're ruthless, and won't stop until their enemies are gone."

"Braedey's right, Luce," Natsu added, smiling brightly. "Besides, I can't see yah playing the part of the pretty princess lying around in your mansion." Lucy stared at the Dragon Slayer, her breath trapped in her throat. "Laughing with us in this filthy Guild Hall, going on adventures even though you freak out all the time, that's who you really are." Natsu proclaimed. The Celestial wizard turned away, taking in everything Natsu was saying. "You said you wanted to stay with us." He continued. "Why would you ever go back to the place you ran away from? C'mon, who are you trying to kid? You're Lucy of Fairy Tail. No more running 'cause you belong here with us."