Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Louis's POV 1 week earlier

"Hello there, Liam! I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up before we head over to rehearsal. Call me back, okay?" I did not want to go to rehearsal alone today. I don't know why I just didn't. I haven't seen anyone all day so I needed someone to hang out with. I was getting bored. It was strange though, Liam always picks up his mobile, especially when it's one of us calling.

Ah well, he's probably busy. I walk down the sidewalk heading to the nearest Starbucks to get a quick drink before rehearsal. It was a little cold out for June and there were just massive clouds above me. It was for sure going to just start pouring on me. I was the only person on the street in town, probably because I was the only one around that the upcoming rain didn't seem to bother.

A loud crash of thunder sounded so I picked up my pace and started to walk a little quicker down the deserted street. I pushed open the door to Starbucks and, what do you know, I'm the only one in there besides the cashier and one random man in the corner of the shop. I ran in just in time because the rain just started pouring down hard. Another loud crash of thunder sounded outside startling me a little when a bright flash of lightning followed the noise. I walk up to the cashier and pull off my red hood and unzip the jacket to show my signature white an red striped shirt.

After ordering and grabbing my coffee, and giving an autograph to the cashier for her daughter, I start to head towards the door. Pulling up my red hood once again I see that the man in the corner is getting up but take no serious note of it.

The rain began to bombard my drink and I, but I just continued walking through it, taking various detours and shortcuts to try and get home faster. As I turn a corner I notice the man from the coffee shop was still walking behind me. Well that's rather peculiar. Maybe, he's taking the same route I am and knows the same short cuts? Oh who am I kidding this is freaky. I pick up my mobile and dial Liam again.

"Hey Lou, what's up?" Thank god he picked up!

"Oh my god, ok Liam, I think I'm being followed by some strange man. He keeps going down the same alley ways that I am and it's making me go insane."

"God, well, uh, are you near my place?"

"Ya maybe like, a block away actually."

"Ok well head over here quickly just in case, I don't want you getting hurt." They don't call him Daddy Direction for nothing. He always knows what to do. I'm gonna lose this guy at Liam's house because I'm seriously freaking out right now.

"Alright I'm on my way right now." Just as I say that to Liam, I turn the next alley way and see a black van straight ahead of me that another man gets out of. I see him pull his coat back and reveal directly to me a handgun holstered in his belt. Oh shit. This isn't good. I drop my coffee on the ground out of pure shock.

"Liam, oh god, Liam," I manage to get out.

"Lou, just promise me you'll be safe, ok? Come here straight awa-"

"Liam! Listen to me right now!" I scream at him. The man is coming closer to me so I start to back away and run in the other direction while still trying to talk to Liam. It's a miracle he can still hear me through this massive rain. "I need you to call 999, I'm in the alley of Ash and Greer. I don't have a lot of time to explain but a man is chasing after me. Liam please just - " I stop dead in my tracks to see the man that had followed me out of the coffee shop turn the corner in the alley and start jogging in my direction. I turn around to go the other way but the man with the gun is there. Fuck.