Chapter 35

This chapter is the longest one i've ever done... holy moly...  HOWEVER, the drama does not stop after this.  ;)

Charlotte’s POV

            Our bikes take us to her house in what seems like no time, though it must have been at least a fifteen-minute drive at top speed.  The warm summer wind whips at our bodies and hisses though our helmets as our location comes more and more into sight.  We reach the base of her forested hillside, but I take a different road that leads to the back of her house.  Louis and Harry follow right behind me as we zip farther up the road.  With the back-road, they’ll never see us coming up and we can sneak around undetected instead of going through the front of the house.

            Trees fly by us and the occasional deer is scared off into the woods by our motors, but we don’t let up.  Suddenly, the wooden cabin mansion comes into sight so I make a hand motion for the boys to slow down behind me.  The house is massive, so no telling who can see us from a window.  We all cut our engines and lift up our face shields, proceeding to stare at the massive building that’s now become their friend’s prison of some sorts.

            “You ready?” I ask turning around to them.

            “No turning back, really,” Louis states, dismounting his bike.

            Harry does the same and pulls out his walkie-talkie, which was hooked to a loop on his bike suit, raising it to his face to speak.

            “Zayn, we’re going in for phase one,” he says into the small speaker.  I get off my bike and motion for the boys to push theirs where I’m taking mine.  We find a cluster of large trees to hide our vehicles, along with the helmets we remove from our heads.

            “Alright mate.  You guys be careful,” we hear Zayn reply through the tiny radio.  “Lou, you know the basement layout?”

            Harry hands off the tiny radio to Louis to answer, pressing down the button to speak.

            “Yeah I remember every inch.”  His look of disdain clearly reads across his face as he stares up at the house.

            I pull the backpack off my shoulders and kneel on the ground, unzipping it and taking out the contents.

            “Lou, tell him we have to go on silent mode now.”

            He nods, a bit scared.  I don’t blame him at all.  But this is what has to be done.  If Zayn and Niall radio us accidentally, or we press a button randomly on the radio, we send off noise and we’ll be caught inside.  It’s risky, but we all agreed it’s what we have to do.

            “Zayn, we’re going silent now.  You guys stay safe.”

            “Promise.  Now go get Liam for us.”

            And with that, the walkie-talkie is turned off and hooked to Harry’s belt, making us sigh a tad in fear.  We were only able to find two radios in my house from the emergency pack, so we could only take one for each team.  It’s a big risk, but it’s all we have to work with right now.  Harry and Louis kneel down beside me as I hand them their things from the pack.

            “Remember, volumes down on these,” I state, handing both of them, and myself, a black earpiece with an extension to our mouths for communication.  A bit like a blue-tooth, but these I managed to pull out of my Dad’s army helmets and fix up for us to use.  They both nod and place them over their ears so they stay in place, me doing the same.