Silk Sheets

• Dedicated to Martyna Adam

I followed Jane from the Volturi throne room. I knew of her power, so I decided to keep quiet. One slip of the tongue and I would be mentally burned. And even though Demitri told me not to speak I still feel tempted to strike up some sort of conversation. I'm not doing it for him, I'm doing it for me. Besides what would I talk to her about? Blood? Personally, talking about blood seems way to weird. But it looks like i'll have to get used to it, if i'm to become a bloodsucker. I mean, seriously. Why the hell did I say i'd go? Sure, I didn't want to split up Bella's family. But one of them could have still gone. Hopefully, they'll come and save me somehow. Hopefully. The way things are going, it will be more likely that the pack will come and save me. Maybe that would be better, so I wouldn't have to look at them. Because technicaly, they owe me one. I did save their whole family. All nine of them.

I stared at the back on Jane's head, the corridor was endless. Too many doors. What do they keep in there?

Please don't say it's humans.

I sighed. At least I'm not one of them. Hopefully I'll get to live, figurativley speaking. Jane halted, and I skidded to a stop behind her. She opened a door at the very end of the hallway. And I slowly followed her inside. The room was, surprisingly, simple. The only fancy thing was the bed. It was a double and it had a net canopy. The sheets were silk, and the pattern was very detailed. Jane stared at me, without blinking.

I don't suppose she needs to.

"This is you're room. It will be very suitable for you're stay. However you will only aqiure it for a few days." She explained.

"Thank you." I tried to be nice.

"No need to thank me. Thank our master." She denied. I wondered if she ment our including me.

"I will. When I next see him."

"That will be soon. We don't want to wait too long for you to be changed."

I did not answer. I didn't need to.

"Now we'll need to teach you the rules."

My eyes bore into the back of Aro's head. I wondered why he wished to speak to me. I knew that I definetally

had to speak to him about something. After excusing the other members of the guard, he turned to look at me.

"Demitri, Alec informed me that you wished to speak to me?"

"Yes, master. It's about Elizabeth. I would apreciate it if you would not assign me to watch over her."

"Why is it you do not wish to see her?"

"I have looked after her for a while, I would like a break."

"It is more than that, tell me why?"

I didn't reply.

"Tell me!" He demanded.

"I have grown a certain liking for her." I murmered, looking down.

"Ah, I see why. She is such a delicate flower. Very well, you will not be asigned any shifts. However, I want you to train her once she is changed. But I will give the lead supervision to Alec and Jane. If you wish it, I can make sure she will not return the emotion. Alec would be the perfect mate for her. Don't you think?" He questioned. I just glared at him.

He wouldn't do that, would he?