Photo Album

Bella looked at us, and then at our entwined hands. She frowned, as did Jacob. I hadn't noticed his presence before, but now I saw he was quite upset. I planned to talk to him later, but first, I had to tell Josh everyone's names. They all waited in anticipation.

"So. Josh this is-"

"Save it." He cut me off.

"What?"

"You can tell me in a bit, 'cus I'll just forget." He grinned, and so did Emmett. I had a feeling these two were going to be friends.

Not good...

"Ok...so, uh..."

"Where are you staying Josh?" Alice asked to help me out a bit.

"Uh, a hotel."

"We both know that's not true." Edward told him, no emotion on his face.

"Ok. Well here's the thing...I'm not staying anywhere, because I only got here today."

"Didn't your mum and dad sort something?" I asked.

"They don't know I'm here..."

"Josh...what are we going to do with you?"

"I've got an idea." Jacob muttered, so only Josh couldn't hear.

I frowned. As much as I didn't want to leave Josh alone, I needed to talk to Jacob. "Josh, I've just got to do something...will you be ok on your own?"

"Don't worry. I'll keep him busy." Emmett said, grinning again.

I just sighed. "Oh god..." I whispered, and almost everyone chuckled. I went and stood next to Jacob, as Emmett took Josh away. He looked down at me, but didn't say a thing. I looked down at his boots, then into his warm brown eyes. "Can I speak to you for a second?"

"Yeah, sure." He huffed.

I lead the way, and started running. I didn't go fast on purpose, and ran just quicker than a human. Then I realised that I wouldn't have been able to run much faster anyway. I would test on that later.

I knew Jake was following me, and I heard his heavy footfalls behind me; but I was glad that he didn't phase, because that would have been awkward. Running, I passed several trees; and continued on until I made it way past the Cullen's hearing range. I stopped slowly, and leant against a tree, waiting for Jacob. He wasn't long, and turned up infront of me in less than a minute. He wasn't panting, and no sweat lingered on his skin, as it would have done, if he wasn't human. We didn't speak for a while, and just took in our suroundings. I was so bored, that I counted all of the crevases and indentations in one singular leaf, until Jake cleared his throat.

"Look, I don't know what this is-"

"Jacob." I stared him down. "Why were you behaving so weirdly back there? Do you not like Josh or something?"

"It's not that I don't like him...Ok, I don't. But it's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"Seth." He sighed. How could I forget Seth? The wolf who had imprinted on me? The one who I knew was a great friend? "I just can't stand the fact that later he'll see you with someone else in my thoughts." I knew he meant when they phased.

"I know what you mean. But I was with Josh before any of this happened...it's like he's the only thing I have left that I need from my human life."

"I understand that. I do. But is it really fair to bring him into all this?"

I shook my head,"No."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

"I want to spend some time with him. But then I guess I'll have to send him home." I looked down, and Jacob approached me. Tilting my chin up to look at him, he looked right at me.