Dragging me Innocently Into the Night

Surprisingly, The Volturi hadn't contacted me since Heidi's little accident. I was hoping for even just a little reaction. Maybe it was a good thing? Perhaps they actually listened to my message, and were going to leave me alone. But I really doubted it. It just didn't seem like them. They usually never backed down. They would sent all of their forces. And I would do my best to keep them away as much as I could. Sometimes I wished that I'd never let Uncle Charlie convince me to move to Forks. It would of made mine and many other people's lives alot easier. Then again, I was on their list to be changed. Heidi had already wormed her way in and ruined my family's lives. It would have only been a matter of time. However, since I went to Forks, and The Volturi were targeting Bella and The Cullens, Demitri noticed the relationship between our surname's, and he gave Aro exactly what he wanted. If you think about it, everything that has happened was Demitri's fault. But, he didn't know that we'd fall in love. And I can't really blame him anyway.

I love him. Or at least I did a year ago. I hadn't heard from him since the letter, and it was too dangerous to see him anyway. I don't even know if he had escaped The Volturi yet. Why am I even thinking about this? I sighed. My life is a complete and utter, mess. When you're a vampire, and you have all the time in the world, you think alot. And I was doing way too much thinking lately. I need some air.

Even though I don't breathe.

To make myself look less like a murderer, since it was around three in the morning, I put on a jacket and some headphones. Now I looked like someone who was just minding their own business, trying to get somewhere. And the music kept me distracted from wanting to drink someone's life away. I hugged my arms to my chest, my hands in my pockets.

It was quite strange to actually see people walking around at this time in the morning. I didn't mind though. It kinda made me feel normal. Nobody paid any notice to me, which was good. If they took one look at my eyes...eesh. Already been there, and done that. The person ended up in a mental home. But it wasn't my fault! It's not like I used mind control...which I could of done, but I didn't. Sometimes I wonder if I could have been like The Cullens. Vegetarianism doesn't seem so bad. Except for the fact that I'd have to give up the only thing that kept me sane. If that would be what you'd call it.

Something jaulted me out of my thoughts. I had been in this town for a long time, and I pretty much knew everyone who lived in this little place. But I smelt a new presence. In fact, they didn't even smell human.

I knew it was too good to be true. Why would Aro listen to me? A year-old vampire who sent him one of his guard in a box. Or at least their head. This time I will show him. And I will show him good.

My sense of smell seemed pretty reliable, so I let it lead me to this new person in town.

In the distance, I could see a figure. And it was this person. I knew it. Even though they had light footfalls, I knew the figure was male. Felix, perhaps? He had on a hooded sweatshirt, conceiling his face. Regardless, I followed the male through the streets, until he turned into a deserted street. Time to move.

Without his knowledge, I ran up behind him, pinned him to the wall, hand holding the back of his neck, pushing the side of his face into the wall. He struggled. But he didn't manage to even get close to escaping.

"Who are you?" I hissed.

The person didn't answer, just struggled. I growled.

"Stop moving! You're not going anywhere anyway."

More wriggling. And protesting groans.

"I'm feeling nice today." I smirked. "I'll let you go, just this once. But if you ever come back here; I will rip you limb from limb, incinerate the remains, and then burn the ashes. Got it?"

A weak attempt of nodding was processesed. And slowly, I let the stranger go. But as I pulled my hand away from his neck, I accidently pulled down his hood.

I gasped, but regained my composure, and held him to the wall by his neck, so I could look into his eyes.

"What are you doing here, Demitri?" I spat, unwelcomlingly.

"Liz?" He rasped, barely managing to get his words out.

I loosened my grip on his throat. "Yes, yes, it's so nice to see you!" I said sarcastically. "What do you want?"

"I came here looking for you. But it seems I was too late."

"Oh, yes! So very late! What are you? The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland?"

"You've changed."

"Obviously. But who's fault was that, my love." I laughed.

"What's wrong with you? Where has the girl I fell in love with gone?" He asked, trying to stroke my cheek.

I slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me. You know what...go, leave me alone."

"What? But-"

"Just go, Demitri!" I screamed.

He sighed, and slumped off. It was a surprise. I would of thought that he'd of fought me. But no, he just went. I turned my back on his retreating form. And it was the biggest mistake I've ever made.

Before I could even react, my hands were pinned behind my back and I was on the floor. Suddenly, I was reminded of my encounter with Jane. Except, I was the one who was pinned. Demitri lowered his head to my ear.

"Where has the old you gone, Liz? You've changed so much. Don't worry though, it'll be OK. I'm going to take you somewhere, and you will see what you've changed into. I love you, and I always will." He whispered, before kissing me just below the ear, and covering my head with a bag.

No matter how much I screamed. No matter how much I struggled. I couldn't escape. No one heard me, and no one came to my rescue. So Demitri inoccently dragged me off into the night.